Chapter 35- Mad Max

Lucy's P.O.V-

So it's been over a week since I spent any quality time with James. He spent the first few days with me, comforting me but he had to promote a new song across the UK. He called me all of the time though, made sure I knew he was only a phone call away. Nan was on the mend and in a nursing home. Mum, Dad and I were staying in Nan's house for a couple of weeks before it goes up for sale. I'm just going to get used to the fact that so isn't going to be the same again, that crazy lady always running around making jokes.

My phone buzzed on my pocket as I was sat on a park bench, my Auntie and uncle had come to see Nan and I had to look after their son, my cousin, Max. I pulled out my phone and James' caller ID flashed up, his picture was of him doing double chins and going cross-eyed which never failed to make me laugh. 'Hey, what are you up to?' I answered.
'Well...I'm in Bournemouth-' he started.
'-You're in Bournemouth!' I interrupted excitedly.
'Yeah I was trying to surprise you but nobody was home,' he laughed, 'where are you?'
'I'm with my little cousin, you know the park with the zip wire and the round-a-bout?' I asked.
'Yeah, the one nearest to my house?'
'Yeah there,' I smiled.
'Okay give me 5 minutes.'

About 5 minutes, as expected James' car pulled up beside the park. He jumped out. He looked really hot today, I'm not going to lie. He was wearing a denim jacket and black ripped jeans. He smiled as he walked towards me, I stood up so I could hug him. He pecked me on the lips, but I lent in again wanting it to last longer. 'Ooh hello,' James smirked into the kiss.
'Yuck!' I heard my cousin shout, he was standing there watching us.
'Maaax,' I dragged rolling my eyes.
'I remember you, you wrestled me at the party' he pointed at James.
'I remember you too mate,' James crouched down so he was the same height, 'do you like football?'
'Yeah,' Max smiled excitedly.
'Come on, I have a football in my car, it's that one there,' James pointed at his car, 'I'll race ya, Lucy you tell us when to go.'
I smiled at how cute James is, he is always so good with kids, 'right, get inline with this bit of grass. Ready! Steady! Go!' I shouted and the boys ran off into the distance, I saw James slow down slightly allowing Max to get ahead.

Soon after they were both running towards me, James a tiny bit behind with a football under his arm. 'Oh you won again!' James laughed, slightly out of breath.
'It's because I have my light up shoes! They always make me run faster,' Max explained, stomping his foot so his shoes would flash.
'Oh I need to get some of them!' James chuckled.

The boys played football and I watched from the bench. James was in goal (aka James' jacket as one post and his plaid shirt as the other.) He was now just wearing a vest top, he must have been freezing in because it was getting quite nippy out. He looked good though, evidently still going to the gym. I laughed at how obvious it was that James was missing the ball on purpose and Max's over the top celebrations. James had now come out of goal and was trying to tackle Max which ended in my cousin picking up the ball and running away from James which turned more into a rugby/ wrestling match.

'Why don't we play hide and seek?' James suggested after playing with the ball for a while.
'Yeah okay,' Max smiled.
'I just need to talk to Lucy for a while,' he smiled over to me, 'now you go and hide, don't go too far though just around here and I'll count to 100 and I'll come and get you.'
I then saw Max whisper something to James which caused them both to burst into laughter.

James shook his head smiling about what Max just said sitting down next to me, 'that should get rid of him for a while.'
'I'm so sorry about him,' I laughed.
'Don't worry, he reminds me of a little Brad, he even has the hair. He warned me not to kiss you again because I'll get girl germs,' James laughed.
'Oh that's what the two of you were whispering about,' I giggled, 'I think it's so cute how you are with kids,' I looked up at his big bluey-green eyes. But he wasn't looking at me, he was just looking into the distance. I couldn't help but feel that something was troubling him.
I put my hand on his jaw line and brought his face to look at me, 'is something wrong Jems?'
He smiled weakly and sighed, looking down again fiddling with his fingers, 'I have go away again... Out of the UK' My heart sunk at his words, I can't believe it. Things were just getting normal again. Did I feel like I could trust him? I should be able to, shouldn't I? 'It's going to be for a month,' he continued.
'Where are you going?' I looked into his eyes as he was looking at me again.
'We have a new song coming out across the world,' he sighed before continuing, 'we are going around a few Asian countries for a week and then to Australia.'
'But that's the other side of the world,' I hugged him and he took me into his chest.
He kissed me on the forehead, 'I know,' he then pecked my forehead a few more times.
I moved back to see his eyes getting watery, 'don't go all teary on me Jems,' I laughed to lighten the mood rubbing his cheek with my thumb drawing circles.
'Please trust me,' he furrowed his eyebrows, 'I'll be under Connor's eye anyways, I'll talk to you everyday and you can't call me whenever don't even bother try work out times zones.'
'Sounds like a plan,' I kissed him, it was more than a peck but it was nothing too heated.