Chapter Twenty-Four: Bingo

-Cordelia's POV-

The front door swung open and closed rapidly as gusts of wind howled around my academy's replica. Ariel crawled into a nearby corner with his hands covering his ears. The man's cheeks were white as paper, though they were stained by his salty tears.

"Cordelia, Cordelia, Cordelia...." A familiar voice chuckled in a scolding tone. "I thought you were done poking your nose in my business."

"Show yourself! I'm not afraid of you!" I yelled as the demonic versions of Myrtle and I crumpled to the ground. Their heads were bowed in respect as their master drew nearer.

The windows of the academy exploded and caused their glass shards to fly in different directions. My hands flew into the air, causing the debris to float elegantly around me before sprinkling onto the marble floor.

"Michael! Stop wasting my time! Enough games." Rolling my eyes, I stomped to the front door and prepared to slam it wide open.

"Who said I was playing a game?" He answered from behind me, causing me to turn around. A sinister smile decorated his pink lips while he gazed down at me. "I can't say I enjoy seeing you again, Cordelia, especially in my territory."

"Don't worry, I feel the exact same way." A fake grin oozing with false kindness was plastered on my face.

"Good. Then we can skip the pleasantries." Michael sighed and gracefully sat down on a black velvet chair. "Did you really think I wouldn't find out about you being here?"

"No, but I was hoping I would have had my answers by the time you got to this place." My body sank down onto the chair placed a few feet away from his. "It would've saved me from the pain of having to converse with you, that's for sure."

"What exactly are you doing here, Cordelia? I doubt it's to pay Ariel a friendly visit." Michael narrowed his eyes at me, crossing one leg over the other.

Knowing that he would know whether or not I was lying, I decided to tell the truth. "I dropped by his academy the other day and there was no one there. In fact, it was practically spotless. I thought it was strange that Ariel would leave his beloved academy unoccupied."

Michael raised a brow at my words.

"It didn't take long for me to figure out that he died... Or should I say was killed?" A smirk slipped itself onto my mouth when I stared Michael dead in the eyes.

"By yours truly." He said cockily and flicked a speck of dust off his black coat. "He had it coming. Ariel has done many unforgivable things to me."

"Like what? Kidnap a girl you're interested in and almost lead her to her own death?" All of the air was sucked out of the room as soon as the question left my tongue in a soft tone. Michael angled his head towards me as his icy blue eyes bore into my very soul. "Didn't think Ariel would talk, hmm?"

Behind me, Ariel whimpered in his corner. "You underestimate him, Michael. Even in his state, the man remembers everything that lead him to where he is now."

"What did he say about her?" Michael asked as his hands curled around the chair's armrest in hidden rage.

"Nothing of importance.... Just that you have feelings for her." Shaking my head, I chuckled and leant forward. Not a bone in my body was afraid of the powerful man that sat in front of me. "Tell me, who is the unlucky girl?"

"That is none of your business." He hissed. "I destroyed the academy and killed everyone in it, because they all used me for my powers. In their eyes, I was an object, not a person, and they thought I was foolish enough to fall for their tricks. That is why I did it, not because of a girl!"