Chapter 12

Chapter 12

One week later

Louis

You could cut the tension with a knife. Harry came out of his room for the first time this week and awkward wasn’t even the right word to describe the situation. Zayn and Liam were aware of the elephant in the room and went out of their way to not provoke Harry. Last week when Harry and I got home Zayn informed us about the entire Liam-Harry-Zayn thing and told us not to force Harry to talk to us, because it could make things worse. Liam looked heartbroken and happy at the same time. Happy because Zayn was by his side, but heartbroken about hurting Harry while he couldn’t have done anything about it. Now a week has passed and you could see he still felt the same way, but he was trying to hide it from us. Harry tough looked like a wreck. He ate his breakfast without saying a word and left as soon as he was done. Apparently Liam lost his appetite after Harry left and he went to his room. Zayn followed him in another pointless effort to cheer him up. Now only me and Niall were left in the kitchen.

“So… What are you up to today?”

Niall looked at me as if I was a dog that just talked.

“I haven’t planned anything yet, you?”

“I was thinking about going to the park, you want to come with me?”

With a slight trace of doubt, Niall looked up.

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah of course I’m sure, why wouldn’t I be?”

“I don’t know, never mind,” Niall smiled “let’s go.”

Zayn

When I got into the room, Liam lay on his bed, all curled up into his blanket. I crawled up the bad and hugged him from behind, slightly caressing his arm. His chest was rising and falling rapidly and I could hear slight sobs.

“Li? Please talk to me Liam.”

“I want to help him Zayn, it’s my fault he got into this mess and so I want to help him out.”

“But honey, there’s nothing you can do, he just needs some more time.”

“And what if he does something to himself? I couldn’t bear living with…”

I cut him off with a kiss, hoping it would sooth him a bit.

“We’ll help him, but only when he’s ready for it. And he’ll probably have met someone as special as you by then, my angel.”

“How can you be so sure of that? He is truly devastated!”

“Because we are there for him, and we won’t let him down. Harry isn’t just your friend, he’s mine too, so I promise you, we’ll help him get better.”

“I just hope he’ll be alright…”

“He will be Li.”

And before he could say something else I kissed him again. Liam finally relaxed and came in for another one.

“Thank you Zayn, you’re my everything” he whispered.

Soon he fell asleep. The poor guy was exhausted by all the worrying about Harry. I pull my arm from underneath him and decide to go talk with Harry.

Harry

The past few days went by in a haze. I can’t even remember what day it is. I woke up by someone knocking on my door.

“Go away!”

“No Harry, we really need to talk.”

“Zayn? I don’t want to talk, especially not with you!”

“I’m coming in, if you want it or not!”

I forgot to lock my door this morning, so there he was and might I add not really happy.

“You promised there wouldn’t be any hard feelings when Liam chose one of us, and now you’re making him worry so much that I’m even concerned about his health! You know Li is sensitive when it comes to these things!”

“I don’t want to hurt him, but I can’t stay close to him. It hurts to know I’ll never have him. I’ll be alone forever.”

“No you won’t, and you know that. Where is the Harry I know that keeps going on no matter what? Who can use his charm to capture anyone’s heart?”

“He’s gone, just like all hope. Everything is lost…”

“Quit your whining you gobeshite tallywacker, we’re going out! Just the 2 of us, having some fun. Get dressed!”

Niall

As Louis and I were walking towards the park, multiple scenarios crossed my mind. Did he ask me out on purpose and is this a date? Or is he planning to make sure I’m not into him and friendzone me… I tried to relax, but the closer we got to the park, the more nervous I got. Louis had to ask me twice if I wanted some ice-cream!

“Dude, what’s up with you? Have you heard anything I just said?! Are you playing a joke on me?! Never mind, just forget it!”

Louis stood up and starting walking away.

“Lou wait! I’m really sorry, I was thinking about something important to me.”

“Something or someone?! Is it some skanky girl trying to hook up with you?”

“Wait, why are you jealous?”

“BECAUSE I JUST CONFESSED TO YOU AND YOU DIDN’T EVEN NOTICE!”

“You…confessed to me? But I thought…”

“You thought what, that I was straight? Or that we’d never be more than friends? Because that is what I’m thinking right now!”

“NO! I just thought you weren’t into me?”

“What? Are you playing games with me!?”

“I’m not! Just listen to me you…”

And before I could explain myself, Louis kissed me, his soft lips filling my thoughts with nothing but happiness, like his kiss was some kind of drug. I relaxed and started to kiss him back. After a few minutes the kiss broke up, leaving us heavily breathing.

“Let’s go home Niall, or should I start calling you boyfriend?”

“You can call me whatever you want, as long as I’m your one and only.”

“Forever, I promise.”

As promised, quicker and longer updates (I still have a week till my “deadline” and I’ve already updated, damn I’m good XD ) so I’ll make it a habit of updating weekly :p be sure to comment and vote so I know what you like and dislike! And Nouis-fans, as requested, they’re finally together!!!! I didn’t know how to get them together until tonight :p so enjoy!!!