Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Liam

What have I done? Louis went to pick up Harry someplace god knows where and it seems Harry didn’t sound like his usual happy self. Is it because of me? Because I didn’t think about him, or not enough? What did he mean with that song? I mean like, should I read into it, or was he just trying to cheer me up? All of these questions keep running through my mind and because of my walking back and forth through the living room, all of the guys notice my tension, and it doesn’t make things easier.

Zayn is trying to comfort me by saying that he’s alright, but that doesn’t help me the least! If Zayn would just hug me, shush me and kiss me so I’d forget about all of this, but I doubt that it would have any effect at the moment. I love him, but I’m so worried right now that I am completely out of my mind. Louis has been gone for half an hour. Shouldn’t they be back by now? What if something happened? What if Harry’s condition is even worse than we thought? Just chill the fuck out Payne!

Louis

I swear this car-ride could’ve easily made it into my top 3 of most awkward moments. Harry hasn’t said a word since we left, and I’m really starting to worry. But I promised I wouldn’t pry, so this is how we spent the 30 minute drive. Could this be about the thing with Liam yesterday? I noticed Liam acted a bit weird after he and Zayn came back from somewhere in the building, and that Harry seemed worried before Liam’s search for Zayn, but what is the connection? Could they be involved in a different way than I suspected? And if they were, would I be okay with that? Right now I didn’t care, but when we get home, we’ll get this entire shit dealt with.

What would happen if one day Harry gets in trouble, or someone decides to quit the band? We should all get our acts together, and especially me. Since last night I haven’t done anything but think about Niall. Are we really just friends or is there something inside of me that wants to be more than that. All this thinking is giving me a headache.

Zayn

I couldn’t take it anymore. Liam has been restless ever since Harry didn’t come back last night. I pull Liam into my lap, and I didn’t care what the rest of the guys would say. I’ll be there for him, even if it pulls the band apart. I feel Liam tense, but he soon calmed a bit and laid his head on my shoulder.

“Harry’ll be here in a few minutes, just relax Li. We’re here for him, and I think that means more to him than anything else”

“But what if it’s something one of us did? What if it’s our fault?”

“How could you think that?”

“Well I haven’t told you everything about that night…”

“I already know. I’ve known it all along.”

“What are you saying?”

“Well, before we got… close, I noticed that Harry was looking at you, like a lot. So I head a heart-to-heart with him, confessing to him that I liked you and asking him if he felt the same way. And so we agreed that we wouldn’t boycott one another and would just see who you’d fall in love with. I’m sorry I haven’t told you up till now, but he made me promise not to tell.”

“So… You’ve loved me for all this time? And so does Harry?”

“Yes, and I wanted to be honest with you, but I couldn’t.”

“Oh god… so when I went looking for you, I rejected him and chose you…”

“Don’t take it that hard, he knew that it was a risk, and he was willing to take it.”

“But this means we need to talk to him.”

“But Li, there’s nothing we can do!”

“Zayn! We need to do this!”

“Okay then, if that’s what you want…”

And then Harry came in.

Harry

I saw Liam and Zayn together the moment I entered the room. I thought I had enough of this, so I went straight to my room. But when I was walking past Liam he looked at me with eyes filled of guilt, and I just started crying. Zayn told him. Everything is falling apart rapidly and I can’t keep up with it. I see Zayn with an apologetic look and Niall was in the corner, rocking back and forth with a confused look. What was the matter with him?

Either way I couldn’t take it to talk to everyone now, so I just closed my door, right in front of Liam’s face. I don’t want to hurt him, but I have to. As I threw my clothes in the corner and curled up under my blankets I feel a stream of tears coming. I give in and let my pain take me away.

Niall

What to do, what to do, what to do?! Since last night I can’t get Louis out of my mind. I keep thinking of his smile, his face, his body… and especially that awkward moment we had in the car. I’m not as brave as Liam to confess, let alone confess in public. I wish I could just go back to the way it was before, being best friends and stuff. I don’t think I can handle more without hurting myself.

Oh god, Louis just came in with Harry. He looks upset, but why? Is it because of me? Because of Harry? Or is something troubling him? Wait, why am I even so concerned, if it was about me he would come talk with me wouldn’t he? Or would he keep it to himself? I’ve known him for such a long time and even now I still don’t know what he would do in this situation. I think it’s best if I didn’t confront him with my feelings right now. It would only upset him more… I think.

Hey guys, first of all, let me apologize for not uploading for so long. I have my reasons, but can’t share them with you, although I want to. But to make it up to you I made this chapter twice as long and I’ll keep it this long from now on. I promise I’ll update every 2 weeks and if I don’t you can all come and mutilate me with a spork or stab me with frozen carrots. Now that my writersblock is over and I don’t have any midterms to get concerned about, I have no excuses to not upload. So the deadline for my next upload will be 23.59 pm Central European Summer Time. If there is anything you want to happen or suggestion for shipping, just pm me and I’ll see if I can sneak it into the story.