Chapter 3

Niall 

Zayn finally got discharged from the hospital yesterday. Now that he's back home you can cut the tension with a knife. It seems like no one wants to talk about what happened, and even if we try, Zayn avoids every question. Liam is so depressed we're afraid he might do something reckless. I wish the two of them would just start talking! It's killing them from the inside that they don't dare to admit they have feelings for each other, even though it's supposed to be good news.

Liam 

It's been a week since Zayn got back and he still hasn't said a word to me. I can't sleep at night, always thinking about him, wondering if he will come over and finally talk to me. This is one of those nights that I roam the hall before his bedroom aimlessly, not knowing if I should enter or not. But something's different tonight, I can feel it. Gathering all of my courage, I give a tiny knock on his door. He's awake and he knows it's me. "Please open the door Zayn" I whisper. I hear footsteps and the door swings open. There he is, my God on earth, my everything, the center of my universe. With his hair looking like he slept al day, and his naked torso, my heart was getting out of control. I entered the room, not even giving him the time to change his mind. He went straight to bed, not even giving me a second look. Not tonight, I would make him talk to me, because I couldn't bear being away from him. I put myself next to him on the bed, only inches away from him. Oh God I missed this. "I realized something after your accident." It was up to me to convince him of my feelings now. "The thing I realized was that what I was hoping for for so long was true. The reason I argued with you that day was because I was unsure of what that meant for me. But when I saw you lying there in the hospital, lifeless and at the brink of death, I knew for sure that I wasn't going to live without you. I truly love you Zayn, and I hope you still love me after all I put you through..." No response. Tears are welling up again. I'm about to stand up and leave when suddenly Zayn pulls me back and kisses me fiercly.