Task Two - Get This Party Started

Previously On Air:

The show got underway with our twenty six celebrities being given time to explore their new home! There was mayhem, there was mystery and there was an awful lot of coffee! Jasper Elie and Oliver Paxton managed to impress the public and survived elimination, but Bryce Avella, Magnolia Gordon, Maureen Halls, Emeline Lacely, Magnus Caulder and Jackson Divin didn't quite sparkle enough and were evicted.

Now twenty remain, and things are about to get tougher...

***

Morning dawns over the house. The rains of yesterday have blustered away and let in a bright but chilly day, pale clouds scudding over a watery blue sky. A few traces of darkness still linger in the west. The few houses on the surrounding hills are still and silent. However, around them the countryside begins to stir from its sleep. And inside the On Air mansion...

"Housemates. Wake up and report to the main room in ten minutes."

Someone throws a pillow at the speaker.

Ten minutes later, bleary-eyed with sleep and in various states of undress, the housemates are assembled in the living room. The art-deco clock above the TV set shows 6:45. Without prompting the set flickers into life, playing a tinny monophonic clip of the show's soundtrack as the smiley face swoops onto the screen.

"Good morning, housemates." Slightly unexpectedly, it is not the cheerful Geordie-esque trill of Kalea Farris. This voice has clipped consonants and a dry, authoritative tone. "Apologies for the early start but you know what they say; no rest for the wicked. And there is a hard day's work ahead of you. You are going to have a party."

A few glances between the housemates suggest that, contrary to the apparent expectations of the speaker, this is not going to be particularly difficult.

"Ah. Perhaps I was not clear enough. You have done well to survive the first round of eliminations, and we felt that you deserve a treat. However, you have to earn it. This evening you are to have a party which has been entirely planned and created yourselves. If you want food, you will have to make it. If you want decorations, it will be down to you to create them. Those who do not pull their weight will find themselves relying on the public to vote them back in."

The smiley face disappears.

"Oh, and one more thing. I am reliably informed by my colleagues that all good parties have a theme. And so does this one. Your theme is: Halloween. Good luck."

The screen goes blank.

TASK:

-  Your character must work as part of a team to plan and execute one element of the party. This can be anything you choose, from decorations to party games to food. Your character can work with whoever you like and you don't have to collaborate with their writers. But make sure your characterisation is accurate!

- This task is split in two. Part of your entry must cover the planning. Part of it must cover the party. Think carefully about how you split between the two. The Hosts would also like to remind all competitors that their entries must focus on and therefore be in some way written through their own character, otherwise you are failing in much of the 'characterisation' portion of the task and this may result in you going up for votes.

- Word Count: 2,000

- Deadline: 10PM GMT, Tuesday 4th November.