35

Today was the day, Charles first birthday. Alice couldn't believe everything that has happened for her over the past year, she never thought she would be here, in a house with FP and their son, but she wouldn't have it any other way.

FP was sleeping and so was Charles, she got up out of bed and was ready to take another pregnancy test, she felt a little bit off the past two weeks but she wasn't certain she was pregnant.

She padded off to the bathroom and took the test, she put it down on the counter while she washed her face and brushed her teeth.

She walked back into the bedroom to get dressed because she had to go pick up Charles cake and start getting the food ready and the backyard decorated for Charles party and she only had 3 hours to do it all.

She walked back to the bathroom and picked up the test.

She saw the darker lines this time.

Pregnant.

She couldn't believe it, well she could, but she was stunned, the fact that on Charles first birthday she found out she was pregnant. She wanted to be pregnant when he turned one and she got what she wanted. Of course if she got pregnant before or after she'd be just as grateful and happy.

She hid the test because she knew exactly how she wanted to tell FP.

She walked back into the bedroom and shook FP to wake him up.

"FP."

"Baby."

"FP."

He opened his eyes slowly.

"Sup babe?"

"I'm going to get Charles cake and run to the store for some last minute things, if he wakes up can you get him ready? His birthday outfit is laid out on his dresser."

"Course babe, see you soon."

She walked out of the room and went to the car to drive off to the cake shop.

She walked in just as they opened and walked to the front counter.

"Hi how can I help you today?"

"Hi I'm here to pick up a cake, under the name Alice Smith."

"Oh yes it's here and ready to go, let me show you how it came out."

The woman opened the box and showed Alice the cake. It was a dinosaur cake, because Charles was obsessed with dinosaurs.

"It's beautiful thank you so much."

She paid and then got into the car.

She bought Charles 3 toy dinosaurs as one of his birthday presents, to represent the family, but now that Alice knew she was pregnant she wanted to add a baby Dino to the collection and tell Charles that was his family, hoping FP would catch on to the fact that there was 3 of them and 4 Dino toys.

The toy store was down the street next to the grocery store so she ran in and found a baby Dino, then ran into the grocery store to buy the last minute things for the BBQ.

She got home and saw Charles in the kitchen eating his breakfast.

"I got everything I need, I'm going to put the cake in the fridge and then start making the snacks. I got the buns for the burgers and hot dogs, we just need to set up some tables outside for everyone, Gladys is coming with the baby right?" Alice asked FP.

"Yeah, crazy how after everything that happened back a few months ago, now their baby and Charles are like best friends." He laughed.

"It's crazy but everything worked out."