29

*theres about a month time jump here so Charles is 7 months.*

"Dada, dada dada dada." Charles was babbling from his crib.

FP heard noise coming from the monitor so he turned to look into the monitor at Charles.

"Dada dada dada." Charles kept repeating.

FP thought he was hearing things, so he shook Alice to wake her up even though he didn't want to, she needed to hear this.

"Al, Allie, wake up Charles is talking!"

"What?"

"Listen."

"Dada dada dada."

"Oh my gosh, he's growing up too fast FP." She said with tears in her eyes.

"I know, I guess he's calling me," he laughed. "I'll go get him."

She nodded wiping tears from her eyes.

He walked over to Charles room and slowly opened the door. Peaking in seeing Charles just clapping his hands.

He walked up to the crib and just looked at him.

"Hi buddy."

He leaned down to pick him up to change his diaper.

"Dada?" Charles said to FP.

"Yeah buddy, I'm dada, love you."

"Dada."

FP laughed and put Charles on the changing table to change him, he changed him and then dressed him.

They went back to Alice so she could feed him.

He handed Charles to her.

"Hi baby. Good morning!" She said and gave him a kiss.

"Dada."

"Yes buddy that's Dada, what about Mama?" She questioned the baby.

Charles shook his head.

"Dada."

"Come on buddy," FP said. "Say Mama."

Charles was just pulling at Alices shirt.

"I'm only good for feeding him." She laughed as she adjusted the baby so he could eat.

"He loves you, I can't believe I'm going to work tomorrow." He sighed.

"I know, I know you wanted to be home until he was 8 months but Mr. A needs help." Alice told him.

"Yeah it isn't a problem, sooner I work the better so we can save for a new home, one that we can fit 3 babies in."

"Are you giving birth to these babies?" Alice laughed.

"No but-"

"We'll talk, if we want to start trying once Charles is 1 then I need to get off the pill in the next month because I need to give my body a break."

"What do we do then?"

"What do you mean?" She questioned.

"We'll have to use...?"

"Yup."

"But Al..." He whined.

"Don't but Al me! You want more kids don't you?"

"Yeah but I hate them." He sighed.

"Too bad." She said leaning in to give him a kiss.

"Can't I just-"

"Fine, do whatever you want, I just don't want to end up pregnant before he's 1, we have money saved and you're working now but we need a new home before we have another baby."

"I'll work as hard as I can to give you guys what you deserve, you, Charles and any more babies we have, but let's take this Sunday to spend the whole day together since I go to work tomorrow."

"I agree, come on Charlie boy let's spend the whole day with daddy today!"

"Dada!"