25

Alice and FP were at home, watching TV with Charles on FP's lap when they heard a knock at the door.

"I wonder who that is." Alice said aloud.

"Here take him, I will go look."

He handed the baby to Alice and went to open the door.

"Dad?" FP questioned the person at the door.

Alice heard FP say dad and she winced, scared for what was going to happen.

"What, what are you doing here? How did you know where I live?"

"Asked around, after you finished high school I didn't know what happened to you, hadn't seen you in a while, heard some rumours about you, wanted to see if they were true. Can I come in?" He asked FP.

"Uh, no, let's go talk outside."

"Oh come on, let me in, unless you're hiding something!" FP Senior raised his voice at FP and he noticed his dad was slurring his words, clearly drunk.

"I am not hiding anything, I just want to talk outside, so go outside to talk or go away."

"Fine." His dad huffed.

"So what is it dad? Abused me for years, because I didn't want to be king, and I am telling you now I still don't, I have a job I'm going to be working at in a few months from now. I went to the army and they let me go after 6 months."

"Come on, I want to pass the throne to you!"

"NO DAD! I DON'T WANT TO. I HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO!" FP yelled back at his father, hoping he wouldn't hit him for yelling at him.

"Like what? Raise a kid? That probably isn't even yours?"

"How do you know about that?" He asked his dad.

"So it's true? How did you think I wouldn't find out? You're on the Southside, of course I would find out! Leave her and the kid and come run the gang FP. It is what is best for you."

"I will never leave my family! Mom left me, you left me, and I swore I would never be like either of you to any of my children, Alice and my son are my life and my family now not you. I need you to leave. Don't come back here ever again."

"Or what huh?"

"Don't come back here I said. I made it clear I will never run that gang, if you come here again I will call the police and tell them how you're running the serpents."

"Excuse me?" He questioned his son.

"You heard me!"

That earned FP a smack in the face, he didn't want to appear weak so he just walked away.

"GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME AND MY FAMILY YOU COWARD!"

FP walked back to the trailer and closed and locked the door behind him, the regular lock and the bolt, so his dad couldn't break the door down.

"What the hell happened?!" Alice exclaimed.

"He told me to leave you guys and become king, it isn't what I want, I never wanted that. I don't even know where he came from. I haven't seen him in years, I guess he came back and heard some rumours, found me and decided to give me a shiner because I told him essentially to screw off."

"I hope he doesn't come back, I don't want him around Charles FP."

"I don't either, trust me he won't be back, if he does come back I will have him arrested. He's drunk."

"I don't understand why he won't just leave you alone." She sighed.

"He has nothing better to do, now where were we, let's continue watching TV with our boy."