1

Alice was in her bedroom, she lived with Fred and his parents, she was laying on her bed looking at Charles babbling away.

Charles was almost 6 months old, his father FP isn't in the picture, Alice really wanted him to be involved and wanted to be with him, but they were on and off a lot and they didn't live very stable lives. FP was a great football player and she heard he wanted to go to the Army for a year deployment, and she didn't want to interfere with that so she broke up with him, and left the Southside. She thought about telling him when he got back but she wasn't sure if she wanted to, Charles deserved a father in his life but at the same time she didn't want to complicate things with FP. She decided to ask Fred if she could live with him and his parents until she had the baby and was able to save up some money to find a place of their own, and they agreed since Alice and Fred were good friends since kindergarten. Alice was also friends with FP since kindergarten as well and Fred and FP were best friends. It was hard for Fred to keep this secret for Alice but he knew it wasn't his place to tell FP. Alice needed to decide on her own if she was ever going to. Luckily Fred's parents didn't work so they were able to watch Charles while Alice went to work.

Alice decided to just ask Pop for a job a while before she had Charles so she had time to save some money for him and things he needed as well as a home, the Andrews had no problem with her staying as long as she needed but she felt like she was a hindrance.

Alice was just about to get up to get ready for her shift when she heard a knock at the door.

"Yes?" She said.

"It's me Fred, can I come in?"

"Yes."

He opened the door and sat down on Alices bed looking at Charles.

"So," he said. "You know FP comes back in like 6 months right?" He questioned.

"Yes Fred I know you've been reminding me every month..." she said with an eye roll.

"You need to tell him Alice, he loves you and will be there for you guys."

"Fred we've already talked about this, I want Charles to have a father, but who knows, FP might be with someone else, he might be happy, and I don't want to upset him with this."

"Alice, I have kept this secret for you for 15 months now and if you don't tell him I will, I've been sending him letters and he's been sending letters to me, he's been asking about you. He isn't in a relationship. I know you love him and you can't deny that." He said to her in a serious tone.

"Listen Fred, so what if I love him, this isn't about me anymore it's what's best for my baby!"

"And you don't think him having his father in his life is the right thing?!"

"I have to go to work Fred where are your parents?"

"Downstairs."

"He's been changed and fed. Take him to them. I'll see you tonight."

"Fine but think about what I said please."

"I will."

"Thank you. By the way, FP sent you a letter." He said as he handed it to her.

She grabbed it from him and threw it in her bag and got ready for work and then went downstairs to say bye to everyone and gave Charles a hug than headed over to Pops.

She got to Pops and had some time to spare so she decided to read the letter FP sent to her.

Dear Allie,

I know we haven't seen each other in a while and we haven't spoken but I had to write you this letter, when you broke up with me it killed me inside, I know why you did it and I don't blame you, I was too caught up in feeling like I was from the Northside and wasn't embracing my roots like you did. Yes I liked the attention I got from the Vixens but the time we spent together was better than with anyone else. I'm hoping we can meet up when I get home because despite everything I miss you and I do love you. I know you're staying with Fred and I'm happy you have him to be there for you. Please think about it.

Love FP.

Alice sat in the back at Pops sobbing, as much as she loved FP she didn't know if she could risk loosing him again, especially when their child was at stake. She knew Fred was right, she had to tell him but she just didn't know how.

She had to start work so she went to the front and heard the bell chime and her heart sank at who she saw...

*So this is just a trial on a new story, I don't know if I'm going to continue it but let me know if you think I should!*