18

"Put it on speaker Alice, we need to hear the truth and know that you're not lying." Gladys told her.

"Hello?" Alice said then put the phone on speaker.

"Alice, I have the results of the DNA test, is everyone there listening?" He asked.

"Yes, just say it Doc."

"The results show that FP is not the father."

"Wha- what?"

"He isn't the father Alice." He repeated.

She let out a sigh of relief, FP was furious with Gladys and wanted so badly to rip her a new one but he couldn't.

"Tha-Thank you Doctor."

"No worries."

"Alice, take Charles, Gladys get the fuck out of my trailer. NOW!"

She walked out and he followed behind her, walking a bit away from the trailer so his yelling wouldn't scare Charles. In the meantime Alice took Charles to their room to change him and pump some milk to put away.

"Let me guess, you knew I wasn't the father?!"

She couldn't speak so she just nodded with her head down.

"Why would you do this? I almost lost my family, my son and the woman I love more than anything? Do you know who her father is?" He questioned.

"I do, and I don't really know why I did it, her father isn't in her life, and I knew you are a good guy, I heard that you found out you had a baby with Alice and that you stepped up and I figured I could maybe get you to do the same." She said and shrugged.

"No, because like I said so many times, we were together once, and even though we were drunk I know we used a condom, because the only person I don't use them with is Alice, clearly. I know they fail sometimes but the likelihood of me being her father was very slim. I was official with Alice a week later, you can muster up any fantasies you want, but I love Alice, she is the only one I have ever loved with every fibre in my being. Maybe try talking to the father, tell him you need him to step up and that he should be a real man."

"I really am sorry FP." She trailed off not meeting his gaze.

"I don't care, stay away from my family, understand!?"

With that she just nodded and walked away.

FP walked back in the trailer and heard Alice and Charles babbling to each other.

"Hey." He said.

"She gone? What did she say?"

"She said she found out that you and I had a kid and stepped up and since the baby doesn't have a father in her life she thought she could pin it on me since she knew I was a good guy. I told her that was not the case because you are the only person I have ever loved with everything in me."

"I love you FP, and I am so so sorry, I just got scared."

"No need to apologize babe, does he need a bath?"

She nodded.

"I'll take him, does he need another feed?" He asked.

"Yeah, I was thinking since I just pumped you could bottle feed him, I will get his bottle and pyjamas and diaper ready in his room, he should be able to sleep in there tonight it doesn't smell anymore, just rock him in the chair while you feed him and then lay him down, i'll put all his stuff on the changing table and his warmed bottle on the night table beside the chair, then we need to talk." She told him.

"Something bad?"

"No honey."

He nodded and went off to give Charles a bath, Alice made him his bottle, and went to his bedroom to get out his clean pyjamas and diaper and placed them on his changing table. She put his bottle on the night table next to the rocking chair and then went to their bedroom and slipped into one of FP's t-shirts, then popped in the bathroom to brush her teeth and wash her face. FP just finished with Charles, he wrapped him up in his towel and Alice went to give him a goodnight kiss.

"Night night baby, I love you and see you in the morning."

FP walked with Charles to his room and placed him down on the changing table, quickly put his diaper on so he wouldn't accidentally pee on him, he slipped his nighty on and walked over to the rocking chair, got him settled and put the bottle to his lips and he instantly began drinking.

"So a lot happened over the past few days huh buddy? I am sorry for my past choices and actions, but I love you and your mommy so much and do not regret you or how you happened. I promise I will never disappoint you or your mommy ever again." He said to Charles even though he knew he didn't understand he still wanted to say it.

Charles fell asleep so he put the empty bottle on the night table and walked him over to his crib.

"Night night buddy. I love you so much." He said as he leaned down to give him a kiss.