Raw: May 6, 2013

So, it was back to the beginning of a new week, and we had the usual Raw tonight. We had just gotten into town on Sunday. It was about mid-afternoon when Dean and I had gotten our things together and checked out of our hotel room, and met Seth and Roman by the rental car so we could load it up and head out to the arena. Per usual, when we got there, we headed inside and to the locker rooms. Before we split however, I got a quick kiss from Dean. After that, I headed off to the Divas locker room to drop off my stuff, before having to find out if I have anything for tonight. When I do walk in, I find Kaitlyn, Nattie and Naomi inside. 

"Hey girls." I greet them. 

"Hey Kayla. How was your week?"

"Oh it was good. Spent it with Dean in Vegas like I expected."

"Oh? Have fun?"

"Yeah. With him living so close to the strip, there's tons of stuff to do without having to travel long distances."

"That's good. We want to tell you what's going on for tonight."

"Oh, you already found out? Am I involved?"

"Yes you are. First there's gonna be a backstage segment with all of us, and Cameron. And then you, me, Naomi and Cameron have a match against AJ, Nikki, Brie an Alicia."

"Great. I call dibs on Alicia first, though the Bellas have been giving me problems since that match I had against Brie. But I know you and Cameron are having problems with them too, so I'll let you deal with them and I'll deal with Alicia. And then you have AJ of course."

"Good idea." Kaitlyn nods.

"I love being in the ring with my best friends." I grin. 

"It's always the best thing isn't it?"

"It is, and we can totally kick some butt out there."

"Already planning on it."

"Let me tell Dean what's going on for tonight as far as me. He does like to know so that he's prepared to watch. Oh, when is our match exactly before I tell him?"

"Oh, after the segment Hunter has in the ring, addressing Heyman and Lesnar."

I nod, and then proceed to tell Dean everything. He in return tells me that they have a match as well and are involved in the main event and their match is a bit before my match with the girls, and it's against Kofi and The Usos. It wasn't too long before the show had begun, and there were clips of footage of Lesnar at WWE Headquarters. They also show highlights of the match The Shield were involved in with John and Team Hell No, only for Ryback to show up after John lost the match. After that, the show officially kicked off with John opening the show.

"Well his ankle isn't wrapped up like last week, must be feeling better."

"Yeah, he didn't look all that great last week when it gave out during the match."

"You can sense the unrest in the WWE Universe. It has been a week full of unrest and questions. Everyone has questions, so right now I'm going to take the time to answer those questions, and I'm gonna do so...using the playbook of ancient Chinese Philosopher Daniel Bryan, Master of the iron arts. He would do something like this...yes! Competing in the main event of Monday Night Raw was probably not the best decision for me heel. NO! In no way is it gonna stop me from defending this WWE Championship against Ryback at Extreme Rules. That match will happen! YES! After Ryback refused to compete last week, and then chose to end Monday Night Raw by standing on that stage and breathing heavy and gazing into my eyes, I was a little confused by his original intentions. YES! I think Ryback is ready to DTF. YES! DTF stands for Do The Fandango, get your mind out of the gutter guys. NO! That picture of me and Betty White is photoshopped and some sick freak even added in a spatula to make it extra frisky. And yes, I do do it. Only when I'm alone, bored, and when I know no one else is watching. Okay, those were the most popular questions I heard this week. I would also like to tell all of you, I am not a teacher, I am not a lawyer, I am not a doctor. I am a WWE Superstar and I am the current WWE Champion. So on a very serious note, that means as long as I am medically cleared, as the WWE Champion, my job is to get in this ring every single week and do my best. Am I 100%? Hell, I haven't been 100% since 2002, but that is not gonna stop me from defending this WWE Championship. And at Extreme Rules, Ryback will realize..." He trails off to say 'the champ is here', but Vickie interrupts him with her 'excuse me'.