Chapter Twenty Two

(A/N) Guess who's back? ;) 

***

 "Hey."

I gave a small wave into the camera, flashing a half- smile at the circular lenses, altering my eyes away from the multiple camera ushering me to move out of shot. Three metallic lights were aimed directy towards me, yet the heat couldn't stop my arms from shaking. I shoved  my hand back into my pocket, only resulting into my nerves escaping into my legs.

"If you didn't already know, I'm Sophie, and uh," I pushed back a loose strand of hair behind my ear, "I'm not trying to disrupt the guys' livestream, believe me. But I do have something to say." 

My cheeks started to burn and I pressed my cold hand against my clammy neck, moving my eyes from the camera down to the floor silently hoping that the ground would split in two and swallow my up.

But it didn't move, and neither did I. I looked back up into the camera, not only into the lens but to every pair of eyes watching back at me.

"You may know me as Calum's friend..." I blinked as my eyes started to dry out from the blaring lights. "Girlfriend, even." I sighed heavily, imagining how many jaws have clenched and eyes have rolled I've created in the past thirty seconds already.

"And before I go any further I just want to get something straight." I stammered on my words, shuffling my weight from foot to foot. "I am not, in any way, different to any of you, and I really, really need you guy's to keep that in mind." my voice grew louder, and my breath's became more steady.

"And we are all capable of doing great things- the guy's being an obvious example of that." I grinded my teeth together, talking suddenly becoming a tedious task. "But we are also capable of comitting mistakes, and getting involved with things that don't concern us, and even though when every inch of our body tells us not to do something we," I tamed my hair over my shoulder. "We go ahead and do it anyway." I shrugged.

I opened my lips to continue talking when my eyes fell on a clock mounted on the wall. The boy's would be back any second now. 

"Sorry, I'm rambling- bear with me." I rubbed my palms together, thinking. But unjumbling my thoughts were about as easy as describing what a colour looks like.

I looked up at the ceiling, pathetically blowing through my lips. Mentally wishing that the heavens will send down some sort of guidance. Or a sign? Anything?

"Cut the camera's." 

Heavy footsteps followed a loud slam of the studio door. 

"I said cut the camera's." Ani whittled her way through the crowed, tripping over camera man four as she did so, though she kept her composure as her eyes latched onto mine. "Stop the live stream." 

Her hair was less tamed then usual, the top half pulled back into wispy half- ponytail. A denim jacket was wrapped around her waist clinging onto a white shirt.  "Now." Her voice was stern. Matching her face in which her lips fell into a tight line.

I looked back up at the ceiling. "Not that kind of sign, damn it."

Without thinking, I dashed to my right, knocking over a pair of lights into a mass of red and green wires, thoughtlessly jumping over them. I pulled open the double doors, slamming down my back on the otherside as the locks clicked.

"For goodness sake, Sophie." I mumbled to myself in annoyance. "You do this way too much." I scolded myself as I stumbled down the steps, clawing into the handrail as I ran away from, yet again, another one of my screw-ups.

The steps lengthened into the ground floor where i met another pair of green double doors. There were no windows, only red decaying bricks separating me from the hoards of people outside waiting for the boys. They were already screaming for the guys, their sheer volume almost leading me to believe that there sound alone could knock down the separating wall.