Chapter Eight

We've all at some point slept in somewhere that wasn't our usual bed- persay a friends house or hotel room.

Right?

Well then you'll probably be familiar with the feeling of confusion that comes with it. Or maybe even a slight hint of the need to preform self defense to the 6'3 man child still fast asleep beside you.

"What the heck, Sophie?!" Luke yelled as I straddled him from behind, tugging his elbow back. I froze in my position before slowly climbing off of him.

"Sorry..." I muttered, my chin almost touching my chest as I attempted to hid e the crimson spreading on my face. ".. I thought you, like, kidnapped me and stuff." I trailed off before stiffly jumping out of the truck.

"Yeah, because that makes sense." Luke stated, hoisting himself up and rubbing his eyes. The drawled tone in his voice made it clear his regular self had kicked back in. I brushed myself off and patted down my body, searching for my phone before realizing I was wearing the hoodie Luke had draped over me last night.

"You looked really cold." Luke said, answering my actions, he too climbing out of Tilly. He nonchalantly made his way to the bushes and started fishing for his phone. "Plus you're a really deep sleeper."

I traced my fingers over the zipper the was done up to the top, imagining Luke somehow managing to get the item of clothing on me without waking me. After that little Michael scare he spent about half an hour reassuring me Mikey was okay until I finally allowed myself to fall asleep.

Without cellphone service or anyway of contacting Michael, we had too almost gamble in the hope of him finding his way back to the car without being swarmed by the crowds of people. But then again, this is Michael we're talking about. He probably got lost on the way to the bathroom, let alone find his way around by himself in the city.

The crisp, morning air blew strands of hair into my face before I pushed the back with my hands. As I did so, I felt a small, tender lump just above my temples. Luke must've noticed me as he looked up almost apologetically from the bush he was searching through.

"Your head sort of drooped down and banged the side of the truck as I put the hoodie on you." he let out a few weak laughs, "Sorry 'bout that."

I tried to imagine how someone, especially Luke Hemmings, managed to put clothing on a person whilst asleep and not wake them up, yet can't hold a proper conversation unless you bribe him with animal biscuits and trucks with names.

I'll admit, it was pretty sweet of him. But the task itself I would have imagined would not have been a pretty sight. Admittedly, I have a slight tendancy to not be the most compatible sleeper.

"Did I-"

"Yep..." Luke half smiled looking back at me, "Like a dog with a bone."

I cringed at his reply. I drooled on Luke Hemmings.

I repeat.

I drooled on Luke Hemmings.

He laughed to himself, probably remembering the state I was in.

And in that short moment, I could see that person I was with last night. It was only a glimmer, something in the way he laughed or the way his bottom teeth were visible as he did so. The same person who gave me their hoodie because I looked cold even though they weren't feeling the warmest. The one who stayed up until I feel asleep just to make sure I wasn't worrying about Mikey. It only lasted a split second.

But it was long enough for me.

"Can we talk about something else please." I mumbled, not wanting to continue with this certain topic. I spotted my phone and unlocked it, the screen informing me that I still have no signal. I held it up, in a desperate attempt to somehow magically find cell service.