Chapter Seven

His large hand yanked at my forearm as Luke dragged me through the crowds. Teenage figures and camera flashes merged into a flurry, his grip getting tighter as he irked us both through.

"Do not let go." I heard him state above other voices as he covered his face with his free hand. I copied his movements, shading myself from the voices shouting my name. Even through the shrieking and marriage proposals from the floods of females, his voice bellowed over the top in his thick, blunt accent.

I was in too much shock to reply. Soon enough my legs were shaking as we ran, his hand still enclosed around my arm. I struggled to maintain my speed and he must have felt me start dragging as he flung me in front of him, shouting at me.

"Next left!" he called out as I took a turn around a red brick building.

"See those cluster of trees?" he yelled from behind me, the heaviness in his voice confirming the fact he was getting just as tired as I was.

"Yeah?"

"Down there, take the right, and," he panted, the sounds of his feet getting heavier.

"And what?!" I could still hear the voices, they were fainter- but we kept running.

"Just keep going!" he blared.

My hands came in contact with the bark of a tree as I hastily tried to make the sharp turn to the right. The ground had gone from gravel to dirt track and the space ahead was a dark scene of trees and shrubs.

My knees started to go weak and my quickened heavy breathing made my throat dry and chalky.

"I... I can't. I can't go further" I wheezed. "I need...My...Inhaler!"

"Don't even think about it! Don't stop!"

My feet slipped over on the dry mud and the ripping grass stained the sides of my shoes. The terrain was bumpy to say the least, each tree root proving an obstacle, not to mention various rocks, loose earth and-

"BAH!" I shrieked as I tumbled over a tree stump. A mere split second later I felt another body collide beside mine, combined with the sound of a much deeper shriek.

"Crap, I'm so s-"

Luke pushed himself up, cupping his hand over my mouth, mouthing the words 'get down'. I obeyed his orders, his hand still pressed firmly on my mouth, preventing me from saying anything that could possibly get us caught.

The noise in the backround died down as a sense of relief soothed my body. I let out a deep sigh, forgetting the fact that Luke's hand was still present on my face, resulting my in blowing into the palm of his hand.

He retrieved his hand, making sure to make a fuss my wiping it dramatically on his shirt.

"Funny." I said, shooting him a deadpan look.

He rolled his eyes, the edges of his mouth twitching up as he did so.

"Follow me." he said as he got up, eyeing up one of the hedge rows.

"But- but," I whined, still out of breath. "I literally did the most exercise I'd usually do in a whole year!" I grumbled as I got up, rubbing a grazed elbow from the fall.

"If I remember correctly, the opening is right about..." Luke said quietly as he moved a particularly flimsy part of the hedge. "...Here." he stepped through the gap, me following his actions.

My eyes met a huge pile of scrap metal, old furniture and basically, just, well.

Junk.

He had taken to a junk yard.