Chapter Two

Chapter Two

This better be worth it.

I sprawled myself out lazily on a bench, located outside of Heathrow airport. London was something far from Sydney, literally. But the crisp, morning air was doing nothing for my jet lagged self. I parked my suitcase beside the bench and used my carry on bag as a makeshift pillow. I rested the side of my head on the bag, watching the figures of people passing on the opposite side of the street. Some gave me odd, disapproving looks. Snooty, quick- glances with a slight look of disgust. I glared back at them. It was too early, too cold and I was too busy ranting at myself for making this di-

"WAH!" I squealed as my body made contact with the concrete ground. Someone had poked me in the hollow at the back of my ear, that was my weak spot. I had nerves there that were so sensitive, even light contact sends me into a complete spasm. I can't even wear turtleneck sweaters which, I suppose, isn't necessarily a bad thing. Only one person new about my 'spasm spot'.

"Calum. Thomas. Hood." I growled, still flopped on the ground.

"Oh shit, it's still as bad as I remember!" he snorted. He grasped his hand around mine and hoisted me up. He looked as if he'd just rolled out of bed, which wouldn't be surprising as it was 6:30 in the morning. The barely there sun rays were dispersed through the clouds, meaning that only a little, if not no warmth reached us. Despite the lack of sun, Calum wore a pair of dark sunglasses. He whipped them off,

"Missed me?" he said, his voice annoyingly smug, a tone I was not prepared to deal with this early in the morning, especially after a twelve hour plane ride.

"You're a dick." I snapped, still ridding my clothes of loose gravel.

"And you... You look," his irritating smile dropped from his face, " Awful." he finished. I looked down at was I was wearing, shrugging in agreement. I was dressed in a blue hoodie and grey lounge pants. My hair stuck out from a messy ponytail. And when I say 'messy ponytail', I don't mean the 'accidently- on- purpose' pony, or the ' oh I just 'threw' it up' look. I legitimately threw it up. In an air plane. With a middle aged man watching Pirates of the Caribbean on my left. I wasn't exactly in a presentable state.

Or mood, just saying.

I had missed on at least two days worth of lack of sleep, at least sixty texts from my mother who has the need to know where I am ever four seconds and an undoubtedly overpriced bottle of orange juice from a vending machine that gobbled up my change. Now was not the time for Calum mouthing me off. So I did the only thing I knew would shut him up. I flicked him. In the face.

"Ow!" he screeched, "What the hell was- Ow!" I flicked him again. " Ow! Soph, stop i- Ow!"

"Where's the ride?" I questioned, positioning my fingers in front of his face, ready for if he gave me one of his 'comments'. People started to stare at the girl dressed as if she'd just been out for a run, threatening a guys who winced at the sight of her fingers, who was holding a pair of sunglasses in the obviously sun- less weather.

" The black BMW" he pointed a few metres down the road. It stuck out from the other cars, purely because of it's size and the windows were concealed black.

"Nice." I said to myself as I made my way to the car. I heard Calum pick up my luggage behind me. " Lift with the legs!" I called. I heard him mimic after me.

"Missed you too." I heard him mutter sarcastically to himself as I got into the car.

" You too Cal, " I said out loud, adjusting my seat belt and watching him struggle with the weight of the case through the car window. He's such a dork, I smiled to myself, watching a guy his height struggling with a case only a fraction of his size.