Chapter Four

So.

After that extremely successful conversation with Luke, we did, in fact, leave. But not before stopping at a local radio station for an interview of the boys. Just so happened that the Dj wanted to get into the scoop of 'Calum Hood's New Girlfriend'.

So what's happening right now? Well, right now, I am sitting across a table from a middle aged man with a voice of a twenty something year old, fireing questions at me like I was on a game show. It was actually going quite well, a little white lie here, a little fib there. Until, that is, when they brought up that game.

"Alright Sophie, we are just going to ask you a few questions about Calum while he writes them down on this piece of paper." he handed Cal a pen and a wad of paper, before introducing the game to the people listening. Wow. Original. Calum smiled at the man as he was handed the paper. But I knew full well the he was panicking just as much as I was.

"Okay," the man (who I still don't know the name of) clapped his hands together, beginning the game, " Let's start with a simple one." he rubbed his palms together. "When is Calum's birthday?"

"Easy. January 25th, 1996." I replied, my breath hitching, knowing these questions wern't all going to be as easy as that.

"Correct! Next question." He scrolled down on his phone. "What does Calum like better: Cats or dogs?"

Okay firstly, that was a stupid question. And secondly, I didn't give a monkeys bum whether he preferred cats or dogs. "Cat's." I said lamely, shooting Calum 'the look'. Also known as if to say If- I'm- going- down- your- coming- down- with- me.

"Oh, wrong answer!"

I mentally slapped myself. Yes, because an eighteen year old boy in a punk rock band carries cats around on a world tour. Well done, Sophie. Gold star for you.

"Okay, next one... What does Calum prefer: Tea or coffee?" he asked, he himself uninterested in the questions. Tea or coffee? The last time I had seen Calum we wern't even allowed caffeinated drinks yet...

Erm...uh." I hesitated, looking around the room as if a blinking, flashing sign would come down from the heavens with the answer ignited with light bulbs. Ashton was on his phone, chortling to himself at whatever the hell was going on on the screen or in that mind of his. Micheal was texting and Calums eyes were fixed on the clock, probably counting the seconds before what ended up as the ' Pry the Girlfriend' interview.

That's when I saw Luke. He was hunched over, his elbows on his knees and his two index fingers lifted. His eyes dug into mine as if he was trying to send me the answer telepathically and he was pressing tip of his left index finger in to the centre of his right, as if he was trying to make the letter-

"Tea!" I exclaimed, a bit to loudly as the radio host jumped out of his seat slightly.

"...Correct, okay, two out of three." he proceeded with the next question as I mouthed 'thankyou' to Luke, who didn't even react. He just sat there. Waiting. "Muscle tees or sweaters?" his voice rose as he finished the questions, making it quite obvious that he didn't even know what a muscle tee was, but I caught Luke pull at the rim of the muscle tee he was wearing and I answered accordingly, getting the answer correct.

"Right, last one." I let go of a breath I didn't eve realize I was holding, glad for the interview to be over. "What school did Calum go too?"

Shit.

We went to different schools.

I Looked over to Luke, desperately hoping he could find some clever way to mime me a name of a school. But he didn't. He didn't try- he wasn't even looking at me. He was texting.

And then it dawned on me.

I had told him and Micheal that me and Calum met at school. That's why he wasn't helping me. I racked my brain for an answer, the clock on the walls ticking getting louder and drowning my thoughts. Dreading the fact that I, the supposed girlfriend of Calum Hood. The Calum Hood. Couldn't even remember the name of the school they met at, let alone studied there for six years. Suddenly, I felt a vibration in my pocket and I pulled out my phone and glanced at the text under 'unknown'. I looked up, Luke nodding in my direction. Hesitantly, I read aloud the text.

"Norwest Christian college." I said, almost questioningly. The man nodded.

"Correct! Okay, that's all from me here in the studio," he began concluding the show, "Sending us out today is 5 Seconds of Summers very own hit, 'She Looks So Perfect'." he pressed a button and took of his headset, congratulating the guys on there success. I heard Ashton thanking the man and Micheal commenting on his shirt.

Meanwhile, I zoned out, flopping down in my seat. That was close. That was really, really close. I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Let's go." Calum said softly, before grabbing my hand and leading me out the door, following the rest of the guys.

"Really." Calum shook his head. "Cat's over dogs?"

"Shut up." I muttered, picking up speed and following Micheal out of the door. Bad idea. In a flash, I was blinded my the light of cameras (hah, see what I did there?) and I felt Calum pull me in around the waist, whispering into my ear.

"Remember what I told you, okay? Play along."

The paparazzi shouted everyones name- including mine. ' I thought her hair was curly? It's a lot nicer curly.' I heard one say. ' She was taller last time.' said another. Straighteners and heels, people. Straighteners and heels.

"Oh, feisty one we got here." I heard. Before a my vision went white from a camera light. Crap, did I say that out loud? I felt Calum's grip loosen before he was pulled away, forced to answer some questions that a woman with a sponge covered microphone had. Whilst three out of four guys were dealing with the papz, I caught a certain blonde haired, muscle tee wearing figure sneak into the car that was parked around the corner.

I blocked the press off and covered my face with my hands just as security came flooding out from the building, attempting to end the havoc. My walk broke into a jog and before I knew it I was literally sprinting after Luke. Once I reached the car, I was already panting. Meanwhile, Luke was staring out of the window in the back seat. With the tremendously magnificent view of brick from the building on the other side.

"Thanks for that." I wheezed, climbing into the front seat. He grunted in reply. "I tend to do that alot." I tried to lighten the mood. "Forgetting things like that, haha. Norwest, duh!" I thumped my head. My laughter dying down as I met his steely expression.

"Funny." The sarcasm in his voice was barely an undertone. It was purely dripping with it. "See, I went to the same school as Calum."

Uh oh.

"I wasn't exactly popular, but I did know faces." he continued, " It's not that hard, I mean, you do see the same people from Year Seven and up every single day." the added emphasis mocked me, he knew full well I didn't even know the school. Let alone was I educated there.

"Is that so.." I said quietly, turning around to avoid his eyes. I made the mistake of looking in the mirror, his gaze already pointed there, ready to catch me.

"I never saw you there."