Chapter Nine

"You have such a pretty name." Bree babbled as we stopped outside the doorway. Her eyes were round and full as she spoke (at the approximate time of two hundred miles per hour). Two plump, coral coloured lips moved to reveal as set of pefectly alligned teeth.

She was just, so, pretty.

I'm supposed to be her?

Oh, Calum honey, someone needs an eye test.

"Thank you." I reply, fiddling with my spare hair tie, staring down at the tiled floor, not used to being complimented by a winner of the gene lottery. I push my hair out from behind my ear in a hopeful attempt to hide the clusters of breakouts on my skin from someone who has probably never come face to face with a pimple. " I like your accent."

"Awh, you're so cute!" she shoved me playfully in the shoulder. "I like your..." her eyes took in my grey t- shirt and distressed jeans. She crinkled her nose quickly before looking up and smiling once again. "Is this your first time in England?"

Hah, charming...

"Yeah, yeah. It is." I pressed my lips together, stuffing my hands into my pockets.

"I grew up here." Bree explained, "Plus, I know all the best places to shop!" she said giddily, her strong english accent clearly present as she spoke. I let out a few half hearted laughs, shaking my head.

"No thanks, I'm not really into shopping."

"Oh no, please," her eyes fell on my age old shoes with frayed laces and stained flaps. "I insist." she finished.

Just then the sound of footsteps emerged from the hallway on our left side. We both looked up to see a girl with frosted blue hair making her way towards us. She had her earphones in, tangled at the base, her eyes set directly on the phone in her hand.

"Where are the guys?" she called from a few feet away. Her voice echoed around the hall as she took a bud out of her ear. She wore a maroon top and her pastel hair was twisted to the side.

"Red door, second left." Bree replied flatly, inspecting her nails. The girl thanked Bree and nodded at me before dissapearing into one of the doors.

"Who's that?" I questioned to Bree, who was still fussing over her nails, fiddling on the various rings set upon her fingers.

"Anabella, Ash's girfriend. The guys call her Ani." a bleeping sound came from Bree's pocket as she pulled out a studded phone. I watched her unlock the phone as she carried on talking to me, eyes firmly on the screen. "Gorgeous name- kind of ironic it's her's" she finished. I raised my eyebrows, shocked at Bree's sudden bluntness. She didn't notice, but instead placed the phone back into her pocket. "The guy's have to cancel a few gigs in Sydney so she came here because she was," she made quotation marks around her head with her fingers. " 'Missing them.' "

"She seems nice."

Bree scoffed, tucking away the strands of hair framing her face. "You're funny." she snorted, "Listen Sophie, if you think you know whats best for you and the guys," her voice went low, "You'd stay away from her."

"I don't understand, she doesn't seem-"

"Suit youself." Bree interrupted, shrugging her shoulders. She started walking down back toward the stage, me following as she did so. "You'll find out soon enough."

I opened my mouth to reply but we had already entered by then, Bree immediatley running over to Calum as soon as we did so. I looked around for the girl we saw in the hallway, extremely curious about what Bree had said.

I spotted Ashton at the back, being hooked up to yet another microphone by the stage manager. In the corner of my eye, I saw a flash of blue and green. Turning over my eyes met with Mikey, Luke and the girl- Ani, I believe her name was.