Prologue

Prologue        

Darkness overwhelms the heart of those who are weak and tainted. For the depraved has overwhelmed many of the townspeople, and have turned the once beautiful cultural of my land into vast destruction. Power is what everyone wants, and to have that ability you must have a strong heart to force the feeling of being under-control of that cognition. The dishonorable always seeks a heart that can withstand such devastation and recreation of both life and death, but for that to happen the disgraceful needs to be accepted. In this world, no heart exists for the tragedy that is, until one young woman who gave birth to triplets; whose hearts were a perfect fit for the Darkness to take.

My name is Oriana Wolfdane, and I happen to be one one of those triplets. I unlike my triplets, Vance and Liam, prefer to not to have such a troublemaker within me, or better yet in my heart.

On our sixteenth, our mother decided to tell us about this Darkness that everyone kept mentioning and why we three were always treated with different care than others. Our mother told us when she was pregnant with us, the Shadow itself had made an appearance and told our mother that she had three souls living within her that were prefect for it itself. That the three souls that lived within her had the strongest hearts to hold onto the Dark Spirit.

I could hardly contain my anger on that day, and ended up storming out of our house and into the dark hour. That night everything changed for not just me, but everyone I knew and loved. That was also just the beginning of my mother's own Darkness.