Hunger

4:48 pm

--

Virgil POV

I woke up and looked around me trying to remember what had happened. Had I passed out? "Took you long enough." said a voice that I recognized. I turned my head to the direction I heard it and meet eyes with a man in black and red. 

He walked up to me examining my face and arms. "How do you feel"? He asked at he ran his hand across my face. "H-Hungry.." I said and a smirk came on his face. He got up and motioned me to follow him. 

We were in a abandon hospital with barley any light. I tried looking out the window to see if the sun was out, but it was boarded up with large wood planks, with rusted nails that kept them intact. "Do you remember what happened before you woke up?" He asked me turning his head a little bit, as he still walked down the narrow hallway.

I looked down, trying to remember what happened to me before I passed out.

A few seconds went by before I looked up, realization hitting me. I stopped in my tracks and stared at the man in front of me.

I'm a vampire. A monster. A dead corpse.
But I asked for this.

"Ah. So you do." He said turning around to look at me. "You Killed me. You snapped my neck..?" Everything happened so fast. I barley felt any pain at all. I looked down at the clothing I was wearing. It was something I didn't recognize. It was neat, and clean. No stains, no holes. It almost looked brand new. 

"Where are my other clothes..?" I asked covering myself with the big black leather jacket that I was wearing, trying to absorb its warmth that it would usually give off. I felt no warmth that it came with.

"I threw them away." he said calmly and turned around and started walking again. "T-Threw them away?! I loved that jacket!" I said and started walking faster just to keep up with his fast pace.

"I kept the jacket. Don't worry." He said. A sense of relief went through me when I realized that I woke up wearing these clothes. "Don't worry. I didn't see anything."  He said like it was obvious I was thinking it. I tried to respond back, but couldnt, and hid myself in the jacket more. 

A small smile came on his lips, but quickly went away as he looked around the hallway trying to figure out where to turn to next.

"Do you even know where you're going?" I asked, kinda surprised that this hospital didn't end with the many turns we took. He ignored my question and just kept walking in the same fast pace that he did. I was surprised he didn't run out of breath.

Wait. 

He's not breathing. I'm not breathing. We're dead.

I put my my two fingers on my neck, looking for a pulse, yet felt nothing.

 ~Time skip~ 

He finally stopped walking and I made it up to him a few seconds after. "Here." He said and looked down at the darkness below. "We need to climb." He said and looked at the two ropes hanging from the ceiling above.

I stared in disbelief, "I can't climb that! I'll fall!" I said as he grabbed both of the ropes handing me one. I slowly grabbed it and gave him a worried look.