Flashback

Karina held back the tears that were about to slip as she walked away from Alessandro's apartment. She had said some hurtful things to him which none of them were true. She regretted everything that she had said to him but it was necessary. Karina had to make Alessandro think all that had between them was a farce and nothing more.

She couldn't even look herself in the mirror because of the guilt which was written all over her face. It was hard not to ignore it. She wished she was not pregnant so that she could drink off her sorrow.

"What's wrong, Karina? You are in sorrow as if someone just died." Alejandra asked her the next morning as they were having breakfast.

"I broke up with Alessandro."

"Is this some kinda of joke, Karina?" Alejandra laughed.

"Apparently no." She sighed. "I am the whore, as you said, that left the lipstick stain on Alessandro's shirt the night of my birthday."

"What?"

"It's true, Alejandra. I was with Alessandro that night."
                                                      ~*~
Karina was walking into the lobby heading for the elevator when she received a texted from an unknown number.

Unknown: "I like the dress you are wearing. You look beautiful."

She looked around to see if anyone was looking at her. But everybody was busy. So, she ignored the text and didn't bother replying it. She got into the elevator ready to go to meet her dad. Then she was ascending, she received a text, again, from the unknown number.

Unknown: "Where are you going?"

Karina: "That's for me to know and you to find out. What do you want?"

Unknown: "You. I want you for myself, tonight."

Karina: "I don't like this game you are playing. Who are you by the way?"

Unknown: "I am not a stranger, that I can guarantee you. And this is not a game; its really just like you and me."

Karina didn't reply the last text. She waited for the elevator to reach the last floor. But at the tenth floor, the elevator opened and he got in.

Alessandro.

And right after he had entered into the elevator, it stopped moving and Alessandro locked the doors.

"What are you doing? And why did lock it?" She panicked.

"I just want to talk to you. I think something is wrong with the elevator that's why it has stopped working." He explained.

"But you've locked it."

"Because I want to be alone with you." He took a step closer to her but she took a step back. He kept on moving closer and she backwards until when her back touched the wall of the elevator. Slowly, he bent over to her until his face was just inches away from her neck.

"I like the perfume you are wearing." He whispered then dropped a small kiss on her jugular vein.

"Can you please step back, Alessandro?" She requested but in a shaky voice. She was scared, not of him but of what he would coax her into doing. Alessandro raised his head and locked eyes while running his knuckles on her soft cheeks. He then said something in Spanish and kissed her.

Alessandro didn't want to force himself on her rather he waited for her to respond to his kiss wiling. Karina hesitated at first but with the way his lips were coaxing her to respond, she couldn't resist. Her mind screaming to push him away but her heart said something else. And at time, she agreed to follow her heart. She would deal with the consequences later.

Slowly, she opened her mouth to his kiss letting him explore her mouth with his tongue. Alessandro made a noise at the back of his throat, in which Karina took as he was happy with her decision. He moved his hands; one to the back of her so that he could deepen the kiss as his other moved to caress her belly.

Being there, in each other arms reminded them of the old days when they were young and in love. Nothing else used to matter in their little world except them. But they-

"Alessandro, the cameras...

"Don't worry; I took care of that." He kissed her again.

"What if the elevator starts working again?"

"Sshhh... you worry too much, doll." He smiled against her lips. "Anyway, I need to show you something." He took his phone and called someone. A few minutes later, the elevator started moving again. On the twelfth floor, the elevator opened and they got out. With their fingers intertwined, he led her to a room. Then he took a blindfold, ready to blindfold her.

"What are you doing now?"

"Just trust me and close your eyes." She did. He blindfolded her and led her inside the room. He switched on the lights then took off the blindfold.

"Open your eyes, baby." He whispered.

Slowly, I opened my eyes. I couldn't believe what I saw; the room was decorated beautifully and there were a cake too, with a candle on it.

"Happy birthday Dollie..."

"Ooh Alessandro! This is beautiful." I cried happily.

"Hey!" He wiped off my tears. "I didn't bring you here to cry, okay? Now, give me that beautiful smile of yours."

"These are my happy tears." I tried to laugh.

"There... I did say you look beautiful tonight."

And that was it for Karina. She couldn't back the joy and the love she felt for him. No matter how far they were or how long they were separated, their love never died. She pulled him down and kissed him, expressing all that she couldn't put in words.
~*~

"Wow! I feel like I am from watching a romantic movie." Alejandra chuckled after Karina was done narrating.

"I know right."

"But can I really be honest with you, Karina?"

"I'm listening."

"I don't believe in things like fate or that kinda stuff. But I believe, Alessandro coming back to London, is a second chance to your love story. So, go get your man before the wrong man gets you."

Vote, share and comment.