Weekend date 1

The next day, which was Friday, Alessandro met up with Karina as she was about to leave. He told her that he wanted to spend the next day with her. It was actually an order; Karina had no say in it.

"Why are you doing this?"

"Just trying to fulfill what is in my contract." He gave her a light kiss on the lips and walked away. Karina got into her car and drove off.

Later that evening, as they were having dinner, all five of them, her mother asked her to join the next day as she went to a women's club.

"Is it fun?" She asked as she kept on eating her food.

"Yes, it is."

"How do I believe that?"

"You will never know how much it is unless you come with me. So, are you in?"

"Errr...." Karina rolled her eyes as she pretended to think. "I guess so. I'm in." She smiled and the rest, laughed. Her father also invited her brothers to go out to their ranches with him. So the next day's schedule was set. They were all going out.

After dinner as Karina went to bed, she received a text from Alessandro reminding her about their date, the next day.

"I'll be waiting for you; I mean I'll pick you up tomorrow at right."

"I can't make it." She texted back.

Actually, Karina had forgotten all about the date-sort-of-a-thing she was going to have with Alessandro. But she had already agreed to accompany her mother; there was no way she could back out or disappoint her mother. So, she had no choice but to turn Alessandro down.

"Why? I thought it was settled..."

"Her highness, my mother wished that I accompanied her tomorrow to a women's club. I couldn't turn her down."

"So, you are okay with turning your boyfriend down although he requested first?"

"My boyfriend only on paper. And family comes first."

With that statement, Alessandro didn't text back. He ended up conversation there. The next day, Karina woke up a bit late earlier than her usual Saturday. She loved helping out with the chores and that was how their mother had raised them despite being royals. She had breakfast afterwards then went to prepare herself. Since it was a club thing, she decided to wear something normal and casual for the occasion. Karina took a pink mini-dress.

"Ooh my God, Karina!" Her mother yelped at the sight of her daughter who was starring  at herself on the long-fitting mirror.

"Mama, you startled me! What's wrong?"

"One, you've gained a lot of weight, doll and two, you are going to a high society women's club. You need to dress like a royal."

"Mama, did you just say I have gained weight?"

"Yes, can't you see yourself on the mirror?"

"No, I haven't." She looked at herself on the mirror. "This is my usual body size. You must be confusing me with your daughters; I'm not skinny like them."

"Well honey, you need to loose weight. Plus change into something descent."

"This is descent." She pulled the dress down although it was useless. "Besides mama, you never used to dress like a royal in your times."