04

04 | drink your sorrows away

It has been two days since my last interaction with Asher, Cato and Eli and since then, I had not seen them once when I had left the house or came home nor were there any lightings turned on

It has been two days since my last interaction with Asher, Cato and Eli and since then, I had not seen them once when I had left the house or came home nor were there any lightings turned on. To be honest, for the past two days, I have been stuck in my house watching Gossip Girl and eating unhealthily. I took out the toast and placed it in my mouth before grabbing my backpack on the way out, locking the door behind me.

"Hey, Eve!" I heard Eli shout from behind as I raised a brow in surprise before turning around to find myself staring at the three men standing in front of my undamaged Mercedes. It looked way too brand new and if I were to guess, they even had it modified.

"What is this?" I questioned them slowly as I cautiously approached my car, my eyes examining it closely. I bit my lip and glanced at Eli who wore a boyish smile before throwing me my car keys which I caught swiftly.

"I got your car fixed, no thanks to Cato," Eli answered, nudging Cato playfully as he returned it with a groan and an eye roll. "Cato just wanted a simple fix but I thought your car needs a little bit of an updated system."

I ran my hand against the cool, black surface and nodded. "Thank you."

"Anyways, where are you headed off to?" Eli asked as Asher and Cato gave me a glance before heading back inside their home. I raised an eyebrow at their cold shoulder today before unlocking the car, preparing myself to get inside.

"It's my first day of the semester so I'm going to go to class and head to the library afterwards," I answered casually, throwing my backpack inside the passenger's seat. "Should I ask you what you're doing or are you just going to stay at home?"

Eli blinked at me, his boyish grin slowly fading away. "I was just going to stay at home..."

I shrugged. "See you later then."

"Mind if we join?" I heard Asher speak from behind as I turned around to find him shoving his hands inside his pockets with a smirk. How did he make a smirk look so attractive?

I raised a brow, bemused. "I'm just going to class. I don't think it'll interest you."

I heard my car door closed as I turned around to find Eli sitting in the back seat with the same goofy grin as he unbuttoned his suit jacket. I was about to speak up when Asher passed me and slipped into the passenger's seat.

"Where did my friends go?" I heard Cato ask from behind where Asher had just been standing.

"Get in!" Eli shouted from inside. "We're going to go to class with Eve!"