Chapter 17: Pain

The hairstylst finished my curls and let out a satisfied grunt before going to take care of another model. I looked sadly back the mirror, thinking how I would still be sleeping in bed, tucked in Niall's chest. I hated this fucking job now. As if on cue, my phone started bleeping from my bag. I searched it through the different pockets, letting out a few curses, until my fingers finally snatched the blackberry out and answered it. 

"Love? Sasha?" Niall asked, slightly panicking, his Irish accent ringing, making me smile.

"Yes?" I asked, slowly walking away from the dressing rooms, where everyone could hear me.

He sighed, "I'm so sorry. Please don't go on internet. Please." I ran a hand through my hair, probably ruining my freshly done hair style, what was happening? I gulped, suddenly feeling very much less enthusiastic.

"What's wrong?" I said quietly, taking in a deep breath. If Niall was worrying, this was bad. He was supposed to be the careless Irish 'mofo', not calling me at nine in the morning, slightly panicked.

I heard him sigh again, "Rumours. I'm so sick of this...Please don't listen to them." 

Rumours? Could it be that bad? He continued, "They say that you're pregnant, you're getting hate, I can't-how can they be so damn fucking cruel?" he let out another exhasperated sigh, I could hear his voice tremble.

"Hey, it's okay." I started reassuringly, he was beating himself down for nothing, "Seriously, I don't give a damn about what people say. All I care about is you, okay?" 

He made a small sound of approval, not convinced. "We don't give a damn about what they can say alright? Just make an announcement on Twitter or something..." I suggested, trying to lighten up his mood.

"I'm going to do that, I'm so sorry-"

I let out a giggle, "There's nothing to be sorry about! Stop worrying, baby. Please. I love you." 

He smiled through the phone, letting out a deep chuckle, "Okay, I just...panicked? I didn't want you to see the comments....I love you. And I miss you..." he trailed off, making me let out a deep sigh.

José beckoned me over to him. I groaned, "I have to go. I love you, call you later and miss you more. Stop beating yourself down for nothing!" I made a few kissing sounds and hung up as the photographer pulled me onto the set.

 ****

THREE WEEKS LATER

I was alone this weekend. Lola was still at her family's for the winter vacations, the girls were back in their families too and I basically had no social life, and in addition to that, the building was almost completely empty. I felt alone too. I took another sip at my hot chocolate, thinking how crazy this One Direction fanbase was. The rumour of my pregnancy had finally died down, after Niall, and all the other boys had to make an announcement on Twitter, on Tv and on the radio, so the fans could finally calm down. I didn't even dare check Twitter, and quickly deleted my account. Preferable for my mental health.

I sighed and changed the channel again. I had done every possible thing to keep me away from sulking around and yet here I was. Awesome. Niall was back in Mullingar for a few days, back home, and even though he had wanted me to come, I refused. I wanted him to spend some quality time with his family before going back on tour. He was sad but I know he'll thank me later.

I had met his parents through Skype, and from what Niall had said later, they liked me. A lot. Thank God. I couldn't help but smile at the memory, he had been so cute and really shy when they came to talk to me. I must admit, I was too but the jokes about how Niall would play with his imaginary friend Michael set me at ease immediately. They were adorable and I just couldn't wait to meet them.