twenty two.

I'm not sure how much time goes by before Bucky is back at my side. I look over at him, my eyes feeling heavy, "Where is she?"

"Gone," He holds onto my shoulder, looking up and down my body, "She saw Robbie so she ran. Hopefully she's gone to Coulson."

I nod, "Help me up, please."

I start to get up and his hands are at my sides, basically pulling me to my feet on his own, "You shouldn't be up, Ade-"

"I'm okay," I shake my head, "I want to go back in there. I want to make sure Mack and Yo-Yo are alright."

He doesn't argue with me. He just helps me walk back into the room.

I sit back down in my seat, letting out a hiss of pain. "Are you alright, Adelaide?"

I look up at Robbie, "Yeah, yeah. I'm good. Just a little beat up."

"You're really getting the brunt of all of this, aren't you?" Daisy gives me a small smile.

"Seems like it," I chuckle back, looking down at my arm before looking back at Bucky, "You should go back."

"No," He shakes his head immediately, "Steve and Stark can handle it. I'm right where I need to be."

"She's not coming back," I huff, settling into the chair, "She's terrified of Robbie."

"Don't care," He responds simply. I drop it, knowing there is nothing I can do to change his mind.

Buck squats next to me, taking my hand in his. I'm not going to lie, I would do anything to just lay in his arms right now. To feel comforted and relaxed.

"Aida engaged," Steve says, his voice strained as he fights. I look over at Buck, nudging him with my arm. He shakes his head, "Steve, status."

"We got this," Stark says next, the sound of his blaster going off in the background. I mean, the place is destroyed anyway so he might as well go full Iron Idiot. "One super soldier is more than enough, trust me."

"See," Buck nudges me back, "Relax."

"Oh, no," Daisy gulps, her fingers stopping on the keyboard, "Oh, God."

"What?" I ask, my brows furrowed deeply. Robbie turns to her too, walking closer.

"No," She shakes her head, "No, no, no, no, no."

"Daisy, what?" Bucky asks now, standing up and going over to her.

She turns, looking at Buck and Robbie before her sights set on me. Her eyes are filled with tears, "I don't see Mack."

We all look at him laying there as she audibly gulps, "He's gone."

I feel like a boulder is sinking in my chest. I shake my head, "No, he's not."

"He's disappeared in the Framework," She shakes her head, the tears falling to her cheeks, "He- He's-"

"No!" I protest. I refuse to accept that. I stand up causing Buck to rush to my side, "Ade, are you insane-?"

"He's not dead, he's right here," I continue to walk towards him. I look to the machines that he is plugged into, "And according to this, his heart is beating. There's gotta be a way."

A gasp comes from behind me and we all whip around, seeing the source being Yo-Yo. Her eyes are wide open as she breathes heavily.

Daisy stumbles around all of us and rushes to her side, "Yo-Yo."

Robbie takes off her head set and she looks over to Mack, tears falling from her eyes. She reaches over and touches his arm before gripping onto his shirt, "Mack." When he continues to lay there, still under, her voice comes out as sobs as she continuously repeats his name.