Bonus Chapter!

Well, it's been a while, hasn't it? As you may have noticed on my profile, I have been majorly editing some of my works as it's been years since I finished NRTL.

I also came across my one-shot book and I wrote one set just after the epilogue. So I thought, why not post is on the main book as a bonus chapter! 

I hope you enjoy!!

My alarm clock started buzzing from next to me. I reached over and turned it off without even looking at the device. I lay there, staring wide-eyed at the ceiling with my hands crossed over my chest. It was the position I had been in for the entire night.

Perhaps it wasn't the best idea to not get a wink of sleep when I had a two-show day today. Not to mention, the all-important reviews were coming out.

But I couldn't sleep because I had a million and one thoughts whizzing around my head. I was too busy thinking about the events that had occurred. Although I no longer enjoyed making lists, I had to create another one, to get my head around recent events.

So:

1) It was the opening night of Moulin Rouge last night... And it had sold out, pretty much.

2) It was also press night, so that meant the reviews of the show would be out sometime today, if not already.

3) All of my friends and family came to support me last night... And Hunter was there... In England... To watch it all unfold.

And speaking of Hunter:

4) I had finally told Hunter that I loved him.

God... As if all that happened throughout one evening. No wonder I couldn't sleep at all last night.

I decided I couldn't lie here and pretend I was asleep much longer. I had to get up and get ready for my two-show day, as well as searching through the internet looking for the reviews.

I crawled out of bed and made it before entering the bathroom and completing my morning routine. After brushing my teeth, I splashed my face with cold water in an attempt to wake myself up. I peered in the mirror and grimaced. I'd need an extra pair of arms to carry the bags that were currently under my eyes.

Yeesh. Thank God for stage make-up, that's all I can say...

I walked back into my room and threw on some casual clothes. Before leaving the room, I checked my bag, making sure I had everything I needed for the two-show day ahead.

Standing in the kitchen, I had a little bit of a dilemma on my hands. I really wanted a cup of coffee.

Okay, so maybe it didn't appear to be a huge dilemma. But when I was in a show, I tried to stay away from anything that could damage to my vocal and physical health, like alcohol and coffee.

But without the caffeine, I know I'd be a grumpy little thing and I wouldn't be attentive during both of today's shows. Which isn't only damaging to my health, but my career.

I shrugged and put the kettle on. Coffee it would be.

I sat down, the warm cup in my hands, the smell wafting into my nostrils. I was about to take my first sip of the glorious, energy-giving substance when I heard a voice from behind me.

"Don't tell me that's coffee," Ashley scorned. I only had to look at her to know that the guilt on my face was evident, so there was no point in me even trying to lie to her. She knew me too well. She wasn't as strict during shows as I was, but she knew how I liked to stick to my usual routine. Ashley rushed around the sofa to come and sit next to me. "Why are you drinking coffee? You've got two shows today."