Chapter Twenty Two:

"Come in." Hunter smiled at me. It was a smile that unfortunately jellified my legs even further. Damn hormones. He stepped back and swept his hand in a welcoming gesture.

I shook my head and tried to subdue my stereotypically girly behaviour. I was going to get some work done. I would not spend the entire afternoon staring at his mesmerising eyes or his perfectly styled hair or his flawlessly toned abdominal and pectoral muscles through his tight t-shirt or his... Wait, what was I saying?

Oh yes, I remember. I must not let Hunter's infatuating presence distract me from my goal of rehearsing for this important call-back.

Though I may reward myself with a few stares here and there...

As I walked into the apartment, I tried to give off an air of comfortableness. I didn't want Hunter to think something was wrong with me — when all I was doing was thinking about how perfect he was. I was an actor. A good one at that. I could do this.

"Take a seat." Hunter grinned at me. I obeyed and plopped myself down on the sofa. "You want some water, yeah?"

"Yes, please." I nodded.

Hunter fetched some bottled water from the fridge and threw it at me. He congratulated me when I expertly caught it before he came and sat down on one of the sofas across from me. He unscrewed the cap and took a sip.

"So, first things first," Hunter started as he tightened the lid on the bottled water. It made the muscles in his arms flex attractively. Focus, Talia. "Before we get distracted by all this singing, I was thinking we could discuss our little outing." Hunter chuckled, appearing quite nervous.

It seemed that Hunter was reluctant to say the word 'date' too. It was either because he didn't see it as a date, and he didn't want to lead me on. Or he didn't want to say it was a date in case I didn't feel the same way about it.

Ugh. Boys confused me sometimes. I wouldn't understand their species for as long as I lived.

"Yeah, okay." I smiled at him, letting Hunter take the lead. I hoped he had a good idea of where to go, because I didn't have the faintest clue. "Have you got any ideas?"

"Well, I did think of something. Feel free to say no if you don't want to, but there's a new fair type thing opening near the coast. It's like half an hour away on the tube or something like that." Hunter proposed, looking nervous to see my reaction. "I mean, I thought it would be fun. Because I haven't been sight-seeing since I arrived back in London. But if you don't want to do that, then it's perfectly fine."

Hunter wasn't speaking as clearly and eloquently as he usually did. Thus, proving that he was nervous. It was strange seeing Hunter uneasy. He always gave off the impression that he was always calm. And sometimes that calmness was translated (mainly by me) into arrogance. But I'd never seen him this nervous.

He couldn't be nervous because of me, could he? Of course not! Well, whatever the reason, it was cute to see.

Oh, and there goes those damn hormones again.

"No, it's fine." I smiled at him, trying to calm him down. "I've not been out and had a simple day out for ages. It's about time I had some fun, instead of stressing about my career all the time. I would love to go to this funfair."

"Really?" Hunter seemed surprised that I took him up on the offer. Again, his relief was another cute thing to witness.

"Really."

"Great!" Hunter quipped. "I was thinking we could go in a couple of days; you know; leave a few days for you to prepare for your call-back."

"Yeah, that'll be awesome," I replied, smiling at him. "Wow, you've put a lot of thought into this, haven't you?"