Chapter Fifteen:

"Come in." Hunter threw me a wide grin. He stepped back so that I could walk over the threshold. His arm made a sweeping motion as he gestured to his apartment. "Welcome to my humble abode."

I chuckled at him, but then inspected the apartment. It was similar to the one that I shared with Ashley, but the living area was larger than mine. That made me breathe a little easier because when Hunter first suggested the idea of the party, I worried. I didn't know how he was going to fit the large cast into a small apartment. But this apartment looked huge. This made me question whether I got a fair deal with my apartment, but there was nothing I could do now. I also didn't know how much Hunter was paying for this, nor did I want to.

I also noticed, at the very opposite end of the room, glass sliding doors, which led out onto a balcony of sorts. It had a splendid view, overlooking the fantastic city of London. There were blinds at the top of the window, so you could have privacy. But today the blinds were up and out of the way, letting the gorgeous summer sun flood into the room. It brightened every nook and cranny.

Hunter had lucked out in the apartment department.

"Nice place." I complimented him. I also saw, at the far corner of the room, near an alcove, a fancy, shiny, black piano. Of course, he would somehow find a way to fit a piano into his apartment. "I'm liking the piano, too."

"Thanks." Hunter chuckled, whilst closing the door behind him. "I figured we could make use of the piano, you know, in case you've brought any sheet music with you." I nodded in response and I gestured to the heavy folder in my hands. Of course I came prepared and brought all of my sheet music. "Would you like anything to drink?"

"Yes please," I replied and then chuckled. "Can I have some water? You know, gotta keep my vocal folds in tip-top shape."

Hunter laughed in response. "One bottle of water, coming right up!" He walked to the kitchen area of his open planned apartment. He opened his silver, modern-looking fridge and peered inside, searching for my beverage.

So, this wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. It wasn't awkward at all — I was glad of that — and the conversation seemed to flow freely. It was almost easy.

"Catch," Hunter called across to me and he launched the bottle at me. Now, I had good hand-eye coordination, but I also had to do it one-handed, as I hadn't yet placed the folder down. So, I held out my free hand and hoped for the best. And somehow, the bottle sailed straight through the air and straight into my hand. "Nice one." Hunter complimented me.

"Why thank you." I chuckled, pretending to brush some dust off my shoulder.

I placed my folder on the black glass coffee table. Then I cracked open the bottle of water and took a sip. The refreshing liquid trickled down my throat. I was glad I wouldn't have to sing with a dry throat because I would lose my voice otherwise.

Hunter came to stand in front of me, and he had a bottle of water in his hands. I couldn't quite figure out why he was drinking the water. Was it because he planned to join in with me whilst I was singing, or was he just very healthy?

I wouldn't mind, either way, to be honest.

"Okay, so have you got any idea what you're going to sing yet?" Hunter asked me, his gaze drifting down to my large folder.

"I've got a few ideas, so I was hoping I could sing a few songs to you and you could give me some feedback on them," I replied.

"Well, that's what I'm here for." Hunter chuckled. Then he moved to his piano and sat down on the stool. He opened the lid and started playing random keys and chords to warm his hands up. After that, he looked at me and threw me one of his breath-taking smiles. He asked, with an excited look in my eyes, "So, shall we get started?"