Chapter Twenty Four:

Few residents of London owned transport; many people preferred the tube as their mode of transportation. This was why Hunter and I made our way towards the tube station.

Much to my dismay, we couldn't keep our elbows linked because of the hustle and bustle of the London streets. But we stayed close together, in fear of losing each other. When we got to the tube station, we hopped on. There was nowhere to sit, so we both stood up and held onto one of the strong poles for support.

We both made small-talk and enjoyed each other's company. It was nice — but a little strange — to talk without the urgency of rehearsing hanging over our heads. For once, there was no show talk, as much as I loved to talk about musical theatre. It was something I could see myself getting used to.

"I forgot to mention earlier," Hunter started as we both fought to stay upright on the rickety surface. "You're looking amazing today."

A blush snuck its way onto my face and I annoyed myself, for a moment, because Hunter's sweet words affected me. In such an obvious way, too.

"Thank you." I smiled, hoping the blush had subsided a little.

"Any time." Hunter smiled. At that moment, the tube lurched forward, and it knocked me off my feet. I took a step forward to regain my balance, but I ended up falling forward. Luckily, Hunter's muscular arms were there to steady me. I looked up at him and he smiled at me. "You need to stop falling for me."

As I thought about the last time I fell into Hunter's arms, my lips twitched into a smile. I concluded that yes; I did need to stop falling for Hunter.

In more ways than one...

I pulled myself away from Hunter's comforting grasp and stood upright. I adjusted my outfit, so nothing was out of place.

"Sorry." I threw a sheepish smile at Hunter and frowned at the floor in slight embarrassment. "I always seem to do that."

"It's no problem." Hunter chuckled. "At least I'm there to catch you. We wouldn't want you falling flat on the floor, would we?"

I laughed at the thought of me falling flat on my face, and I was grateful for Hunter's presence.

"You know, for a dancer, I have truly terrible balance," I mentioned, and Hunter guffawed in response. He pulled me forward by the shoulders and gave me a quick hug, and then everything seemed like it was back to normal.

Soon enough, the tube arrived at our stop, and we clambered off it. I was being extra careful not to trip up and make a fool of myself. Again.

We started to make our way towards the fair. We didn't link or hold hands because we didn't want to cause even more congestion on the busy streets of London.

Thankfully, the weather was in our favour. The sun was beating down on us, causing a huge smile to spread across my face. Nothing pleased me more than being out in the fresh air with the warm sun cascading its beautiful rays down on me. Summer was by far my favourite time of the calendar year.

"I hope you know where we're going," I told Hunter as we strolled to our destination. "Because I have no clue."

"Don't worry." Hunter chuckled. "Google Maps is very helpful."

I chuckled in response and continued our journey. Once we got a fair few feet away from the tube station, the number of pedestrians had dwindled. Now we could start to make our way towards the funfair. We had all day and neither of us wanted to rush the rare free time we spent with each other.

I heard the noises of the funfair before I saw it. The joyous screams of the thrill-seekers and the typical funfair music filled my ears. At once, it made me excited to have some fun for once in a while.