CHAPTER EIGHT

"You did what?!" Emilia glared at Theo the moment he revealed his encounter with Brett and Liam in the locker room

"I just did what I thought was right Mil, relax," Theo said nonchalantly which only annoyed her more than usual.

"Relax," She said sarcastically mocking him as she leaned on the dilapidated tool table in the small shed that she and Theo were currently living in.

She had to admit that she felt horrible for Theo being homeless, and was glad that she knew of the shed beforehand. Though it's far from home-it was a roof over their heads and it was better than just living in his truck.

She remembered the argument they had on the night Theo had told her where he was staying, and she only found herself frustrated that even if she wanted to despise the male, she just couldn't. Sure, he had nearly killed her and the pack, but the part of her knew that he was just trying to find a place for him to belong.

She was curious if he had yet to find it, but figured it was not her business to ask, already feeling like she had taken over most of his life with him taking her in.

"What if it was meant to be, him forge-

"Oh, don't pull that bullshit with me Mil, I am quite frankly tired of people saying that" Theo cut her off in annoyance making her roll her eyes at him.

"Well, sorry-I'm still unsure how to handle the whole situation" She mumbled to herself but knew Theo could hear her.

He didn't respond since he knew it was not something, she wanted to be replied back with a snarky joke.

"It'll be in no time that he'll remember" Theo tried again after a moment of silence," I mean Brett did-and maybe his sister, if you decide to actually go to the game"

"Right, so I can see Hayden all touchy with Liam? No thanks"

"Did you not just hear my last sentence?"

"What about Lori?" She leaned on her palm and nodded," I did"

"So" He crossed his arms," Are you going or not because I'm your ride and all"

"I can walk" She joked but Theo smirked

"Honestly that is fine by me"

"Ass" She grumbled and he grinned turning his back to her

"It is nice isn't it?" She gagged and covered her mouth

"Ew, stop it please, I just ate and I prefer keeping my food down" He looked at her offended as she kept on making gagging noises, though he found himself lightly chuckling at the sight glad to see her back to her usual self.

He had to give himself points for being able to at least achieve that over making her feel even worse than before.