A Little Surprise

Luke's POV.

On the small New Republic ship Luke looked out and saw Geonosis coming into view.

"Master Skywalker we will be landing shortly."

Luke nodded. "I'll go tell Lei-the princess." He corrected himself.

Walking off he went to Leia's room with Artoo following behind.

He knocked on the door. "Leia?"

A second later his sister opened the door. "Hi."

"We're going to be landing soon."

She nodded. "Alright. I'll be ready."

Once they landed Leia, Luke and and some New Republic security soldiers exited the ship to be greeted by the governor And a group of men including a head of security. The man seemed very closed off and there was something odd about him. Luke didn't like it.

"Welcome Princess and Jedi!" The man smiled.

"Hello Governor Brolk." Leia nodded her head. "I'm so glad we were able to have this meeting."

"As am I. Master Skywalker." The Governor smiled.

Luke nodded.

"I'm so glad you agreed to attend."

"It's my pleasure."

"Well, come. Let us talk some more inside."

The group walked inside a large dome made of orange rock. Inside the rock was carved out into rooms. It looked like a magnificent castle. As they walked down the hallway Luke felt something. Danger.

'Leia stick close to me.' He watched his sister glanced in his direction.

'Why? Is something wrong?'

Luke looked around, observing everything. 'I don't know. Something just feels off.'

A minute later as they approached an archway there was a beeping sound. Luke's danger senses kicked in and he immediately spotted what was making the sound.

"Get to cover!" He yelled.

Covering his sister, a loud explosion shook the building. Rocks tumbled down around them as the archway collapsed. Luke called on the Force to keep the debris from falling on everyone.

Using all his strength he looked at Leia and the others. "Go!"

The others ran off, meanwhile Leia refused.

"Luke!"

"Leia go! I don't know how much longer I can hold it!"

"You'll die!"

Luke knew she was right, but refused to think about it. "Just go. Please."

Their eyes pleaded with each other for different reasons. "Let me help you."

"What?"

"I can help you hold it. Then we can both throw it away."

"You don't know how, Leia." His muscles ached.

"I know enough. Just tell me what to do." Luke's forehead was wet with sweat. He knew it was a crazy idea, but if anyone could do it Leia could.

"Fine." He relented. "Hurry! Close your eyes and stretch out your hands."

She obeyed.

He strained to talk as the weight killed his arms. "Focus on the Force. Let it flow through your body. . .picture-picture the rocks. They're width and color. Don't worry about the-the weight. Now just. . .use that energy flowing through you to lift the rocks."