Empty

Raina's POV.

Two years after Luke and Raina's anniversary,
The New Republic was booming and so was the temple.

So much had happened in the last couple years.

Kyra, Dirk, Jacen, Darin, and Konrad were all Jedi masters now. Kyra and Dirk had just recently gotten married after being together for over a year.

Jaina, Tara, Nekén, Trist and Kole were all Jedi knights. Jaina and Darin were in a relationship which thy had talked to Luke and Raina about before hand. Jaina had also now taken on Lysa as a padawan.

There was saddening news though. A year ago Jaina's brother Kayden had decided that being a Jedi wasn't for him. It seemed the life of a Jedi was just too much. Of course everyone was disappointed for they knew Kayden was quite strong in the Force and he was a great friend to many.

Luke and Raina understood, though. Although it had it's rewards the life of a Jedi was very difficult. Only truly called beings should pursue it and continue on to become full Jedi.

More recently another padawan had dropped the Order and gone home. Talee Anel. She had missed home and her family terribly and felt extremely stressed throughout her Padawan studies. At first she had only gone home to visit, but once she had spent some time there she sent word to the Temple that she felt her calling was elsewhere.

Another complication in the New Order had come seven months ago. Jacen and Countess Annalisia's relationship had accidentally gone public. Somehow the media had seen them together and it got out that the Countess was in a relationship with a Jedi.

Immediately when Luke and Raina had heard they called Jacen to their office and warned him to avoid any publicity. It would only tempt him to grow vain and want attention. For extreme attention was something the Jedi should guard themselves from. Jacen took their instruction, but they could tell he wasn't pleased.

At one point he brought up Luke's fame. Of course, Luke never really liked all the attention he got from around the galaxy. He definitely had fans. Especially women. He was a hero after all. Men also looked up to him as a hero. They respected him more than any other being in the galaxy.

Luke went on to explain to Jacen in a very masterful way that fame was not something he strived for. He was always trying to be as discreet as possible and focus on his duties. He couldn't help what the galaxy thought or talked about, but he could help drawing even more attention to himself than he needed.

Reluctantly Jacen agreed to try and keep his relationship with the Countess as private as he could. Luke was still getting an off feeling about Jacen, while Raina knew it was just immaturity.

A year ago Chewbacca had left to go and find his tribe. The last time he and Han had gone to Kashyyyk they're main focus had been uniting other wookiee tribes, but through the last few years Han could tell how lonely his friend was and insisted he go to find his family.

Once Chewie found them he invited everyone to come and meet them. They were extremely friendly and kind.

They met Chewie's mother, uncle and aunt, his four male cousins and their families, his two female counsins and their families, his two younger sisters, his older brother, his sister-in-law, and his nephew.

Ben immediately became fast friends with Chewie's nephew Ashivv, who was three years older than Ben. Ben called him Ash and though he couldn't really understand the Wookiee they were still able to communicate. It helped that Ben had spent so much time with Chewbacca.

Chewie was still on Kashyyyk and had been for the last year. Because of this Han and Luke tended to spend a lot more time with each other. They acted so much like brothers. It was hilarious for the two women to watch.