Together

Raina's POV.

Raina stood by a window looking out on her home planet. It was so beautiful. The planet was full of life and beauty. She closed her eyes breathing in and out. She felt a wonderful feeling of peace and contentment. A feeling she hadn't felt since... Her thoughts were quickly interrupted by a string in her arms.

She looked down and smiled. "Shhh. It's alright. Did I wake you little one?" She whispered.

Big blue eyes looked up at her in wonder and a tiny little hand reached out to grab her hair. She held the tiny hand in hers. It was so soft and fragile. She rocked the baby in her arms gently.

"You are so beautiful. I love you so much my little Elias." Her son cooed in her arms.

She smiled. "You're going to look just like your father one day. I just know it.

She caressed the light blond fuzz on the top of his head.

"Your so lovely." She turned around to see Luke standing in the doorway of their room looking at them with a warm smile on his face.

She smiled back at him. "How's our son today?"

"Just wonderful. He's fed and happy."

"Good."

Luke walked over to them, passing by the crib, and kissed his wife.

She watched as looked down at their son and caressed his face. "He's...beautiful."

"I know. He looks like you."

"But he will have his mother's personality."

She giggled. "Or maybe he'll have his own unique personality."

"Probably." Luke grinned.

"I love you both so much, Raina."

"I love both of you too. With all of my heart."

Luke put his arm around his wife. "Are you happy?" He asked. "Yes. I am truly happy. This is all I've ever wanted."

"This is all I've ever wanted."

Raina's eyes blinked open slowly. She smiled contently. Soon she began to look around and realize that she was in her room laying on her bed. It was raining outside instead of sunny. She sat up and looked around the room. No Luke, no crib...no baby. It was a dream. Raina looked down and sighed. She closed her eyes, trying to fight back tears. It didn't work she looked up at the ceiling with tears streaming down her face.
Why couldn't Elias have lived? Why did her son, her only son have to die? They had waited so long and tried so long for him and he died. hse couldn't protect him. She had failed him. She had failed Luke. Since then she and Luke had tried to have another child, but she failed at that too. She was a failure as a mother and as a wife. Luke never said she was, but she knew the truth. Raina silently screamed as tears fell from her eyes into her lap.

After a while, she was finally too tired to cry anymore. Raina took a shower and got dressed in her Jedi robes. She looked in the mirror at herself. She looked so tired. Just then there was a knock on the door. She sensed who it was.

"Come in Luke."

The door slowly opened.

"Hi." She heard him say.

"Hi." She said and looked out of the corner of her eye as she put on her belt and lightsaber. He was quiet.

"What is it?"

"I just...I um...I wanted to tell you that Ben has been asking to see you. He misses you. We all do. It's been hard for him with his parents so far away and he loves you."