Chapter 15

As they neared the house the sun had started to set and Lexi started to slow down. Looking across the water she could see storm clouds gathering in the distance, she loved a good storm.
Gary slowed to match her pace, trying to delay the moment he had to let her get back to her friends. He followed her gaze and saw the storm clouds gathering. It looked like it was going to be a good one.
As they reached Lexi's house she leaned against the wall. Gary stood in front of her and sighed. " thank you for today" she said resting her hands on his hips "it's been magical"
Resting one hand on the wall he leaned forward and kissed her again. "It has hasn't it" he said. " it's a shame were back so soon"
"I know, but I bet they are wondering where I am, so should head on in" She reached forward a placed a kiss on his lips and ducked under his arm. He laughed at her quick escape and watched as she turned the corner and up the stairs. As she reached the top of the wall, she leant over and said "bye" and disappeared out of sight.
Gary laughed again and made his way to his own decking. Walking towards the house he realized he already missed her and sighed. what on earth was going on?
She had to get inside and put some distance between them. This was ridiculous but she didn't want to leave him, the day had been so perfect, but she knew she had to.
As Lexi crossed the room she realized how quiet it was and made her way upstairs. The door to every room was open as passed revealing each girl fast asleep on their beds. As she reached Leanne's room she saw both her and Rachel wide awake reading their books. She popped her head in to say hi and laughed as they reached up to grab her and made her sit on the bed.
"OMG, how was it? was it amazing? did you kiss him again?" Leanne said with enthusiasm
"Yeah, it was amazing" she said, "he played some songs for me after he had finished his vocals, and yes a kissed him again" she said blushing.
both Leanne and Rachel squealed waking the others. In a flash the room was full of questions and excitement.
"we walked back along the beach after he took me to a nearby deli" she smiled at the group. looking at Liz and Jackie she asked " how was your day? Anything happened?"
A grin covered Liz's face " Mark asked me to go surfing, so we spent a few hours in the water, it was great".
"a helped Jason with a few lyrics" Jackie said " haven't got that kiss yet, but I'm working up to that. Hess incredibly shy you know, a have my work cut out"
" how long ago did you eat?" Marina said "we thought about trying another restaurant on south beach. That's if you don't have any other plans" she said quickly realizing Lexi might be heading back out.
"nope no plans" she said trying to hide her disappointment " you know me I'm always starving"
Heading back downstairs Jackie poured everyone a glass of wine and they looked through the list of places to head out to eat. Deciding on a sea food restaurant they finished their wine and called their Ubers.
As they reached the restaurant they were greeted by the waiter who walked them through to a table big enough for all of them. Once they were seated the waiter passed over the menus and they made their choices. Outside the winds were picking up and it looked like the storm was making its way to shore.
Lexi realized she hadn't checked her phone and fished it out of her bag.
Her heart skipped a beat as she saw a message from Gary. "Hey. I just wanted to say thanks again for a great day. hope we can do something again really soon x"
Smiling to herself she quickly typed back " me too x" and put her phone back in her bag.
Carlotta caught her eye and smiled knowing who she was texting.
As they finished desert they noticed the staff bringing in chairs and removing umbrellas outside. They knew the storm was on its way and so paid the bill and headed home.
Walking through the door they headed out the back, to bring in any forgotten items of clothing and glassware left over from the day.
They split up into different rooms, one room watching a film, another playing music and chatting. Lexi wanting to relax and watch the storm, picked up her jacket and headed outside. As she walked onto the sand the first sheet of lightening lit up the sky a few moments later the thunder crashed in the sky.
Lexi loved storms especially at the beach. The electricity in the air, the sound of the waves crashing into shore, it was all exhilarating.
in her pocket she felt her phone vibrate. She took it from her pocket and checked the screen.
It was a message from Gary. "you watching the storm? it read.
Lexi quickly lifted the phone and took a picture of the sea with the lightening covering the sky and sent it back.
Seconds later she received a reply " I see you're outside, I'm on my way"
Excitement filled her, she was going to see him again much quicker than she thought she would.
A few minutes later she saw him turn the corner on the stairs and run across the beach to where she sat, whilst putting his jacket over his shoulders.
Dropping to the sand he reached across and kissed her cheek. She leant into his shoulder and turned her attention back to the sea. Lexi didn't realize when it had happened but she looked down and saw that he had taken hold of hand again.
She realized that there were only a few days left to their trip and her heart sank. in no time at all, she would be back to reality and back to her office. he would forget her in no time as he went back to his day to day life.
As the storm picked up the wind blew the rain into their faces until they could hardly see.
Gary got to his feet and lifted her with him.
"I think we should get back inside" he shouted above the crash of thunder and Lexi nodded.
As they ran the short distance to Gary's house they were completely drenched. The water ran off them as they stepped onto the decking and they looked at each other laughing.
As they entered the house Lexi realized how deathly quiet it was and turned to look at Gary.