Chapter 6

Lexi started mixing a pitcher of mojito, as Marina and Phoebe set about putting the crisps into bowls on the tables outside. They had started drinking as the sun had started to set, lying on the beach completely relaxed.
Noticing the houses surrounding them were empty of guests, they placed speakers on the decking and Jackie linked her phone to play some music. She pressed play and familiar 90's tunes filled the air.
Lexi found herself dancing around the kitchen, a little tipsy. She really was making these drinks a little stronger than she usually would, but hey they were on holiday. No reason why they couldn't just let go for one evening.
The music took them back to their teenage years as they sang along to Alanis Morrissette and Haddaway. As Lexi carried the jugs of cocktail outside she heard the start of Montelle Jordan's this is how we do it. Smiling she placed the drinks on the wall and turned to the girls, "party on the beach?" she said raising her eyebrows and wiggling her hips.
"Perfect idea" Rachel said picking up her glass and making her way over.
Phoebe walked over to the speakers and turned the volume up as the others headed down the steps. As she reached the wall she reached over and flipped a switch, filling the beach with a soft light from all the fairy lights entwined around the walls of the decking.
The girls twirled and danced in the sand. They had been enjoying themselves so much they were still wearing their bikinis and kaftans, all thoughts of getting changed forgotten.
Suddenly the song changed and smiles lit up every face. It was their boys, mixed into the play list." Every guy" filled the night air and they danced around and sang their hearts out. Too soon the song changed again and Ricky Martin started playing. this was perfect, this was what Lexi needed.

The jugs were empty in no time, so Lexi went in to fill them up again.