Chapter 12

Lexi stood in the bathroom staring at her reflection. What the hell just happened. That was what she had dreamed of, every single second played out as she had dreamt in her teenage years. How was any of this real.
She wasn't sure she could deal with this right now, she certainly wasn't about to tell anyone what had happened.
Back in the kitchen she picked up the other two bottles and headed back to the other house.
As she walked up the stairs she saw the girls chatting away, begging for another song. Gary walked over with a fresh glass of wine and passed it to her, bruising his hand against hers as she took the glass from him. He wanted nothing more than to lean in and kiss her again in front of everyone.
Taking a step back he turned around and headed back to the keyboard in the center of the room. They played a few old songs on request and they found most of them were quite tipsy the more songs they went through.
Gary asked for another request looking around the room, his eyes were shining from the wine he had drank and the excitement from playing for a group of people.
Later on, Liz asked Mark for one of his solo songs and they all sang along, enjoying every second they could. Lexi wasn't sure if it the alcohol she had consumed or not, but she was sure she had seen mark staring at Liz throughout the night. as the song finished some of the group started to flag, tiredness taking over them and they started to gather their things and head back next door.
As Lexi placed her glass on the table she looked up to find Gary smiling at her.
"Thank you for a lovely evening" she said smiling back and touching his arm. Liz waited for her at the stairs and they headed back into their own house.
As the girls started heading to their rooms Lexi walked into the kitchen and poured herself another glass of water. Standing at the sink, she relived the kiss earlier and felt her pulse speed up.
She knew there was no way she would be able to sleep just yet and so headed out again back to the water. the place that would help her relax enough to head to bed.
As she stood with her feet in the water, she took a deep breath and just listened to the waves softly come into shore.
Smiling to herself she headed back to the house and made her way to her bedroom. Opening the doors, she stood on the balcony and let some air into the room. She heard a noise to her left and looked across to see Gary standing on his balcony looking over at her.
"Goodnight Lexi" he said grinning at her as he walked back into his room.
This was ridiculous she felt like a giddy teenager as she stood looking cross to where he had stood with a smile that covered her whole face. "good night Gary" she replied "sweet dreams"
She left the windows open as she changed for bed and music floated softly through the curtains from next door.
Suddenly there was a soft tap at her bedroom door and she walked over to open it.
Liz was stood in the door way and quickly walked into the room, Lexi closing the door behind her.
"I have something to tell you" Liz said as she turned around to face her. " I came to help get the wine earlier and I may have accidently seen you kissing Gary. Jesus you sligh girl how the hell did you keep that quiet" she laughed
Lexi looked over at the open doors and put a finger to her lips. She walked over and closed the doors and turned back to her friend.          
"sorry" she said, "his doors still open and he can hear everything."
Liz looked from the door to her friend and laughed. this was insane
Lexi sat on the bed and Liz sat next to her eager to hear the details.
"Seriously Liz, I have no idea how it happened. One minute I was drinking a glass of water and the next he was kissing me. I've never felt like that in my life, I swear my lips are still sensitive form that kiss, it was that passionate."
Liz looked at her and laughed "this is mad! You kissed Gary. I kissed Mark!"
Lexi stared open mouthed at her friend. "wait what? You did what? where? when? what?"
Liz laughed and replied "Yes, in the corridor when he was showing me where the bathroom was. I knew he was up to something. we had already discussed the lay out was exactly the same as ours, but by god I went with it. I Elizabeth Richards have kissed Mark Owen" she fell about in giggles " this is the best day of my life"
"were going to wake up soon aren't we" Lexi asked
"I bloody hope not" Liz replied lying down on the bed. "I'm staying right here if you don't mind, I don't think I have the energy to walk back to the other room"
"fine with me," Lexi said smiling at her friend. "I'm just going to open the windows back up" she said winking making her way across the room.    
"why?" Liz asked confused
Lexi opened the window and the music started floating back through the night.   
"Ah I see" Liz smiled "God Lex this is unreal"
They fell asleep to the sounds of the boys playing their new songs. They could hear them changing lyrics and adjusting chords.
In no time at all they were both fast asleep, smiling softly to themselves.