Chapter 13

Lexi awoke and reached for her phone. It was gone seven and she smiled to herself, she felt totally refreshed, not a hangover in sight.
She looked across the bed and found Elizabeth still sleeping deeply. she gently climbed out of bed and changed into her shorts and t-shirt and headed down stairs.
As she carried her tea outside, she walked towards the wall to look across the beach. As she reached the spot where she could see, she smiled. There he was. Sitting a few feet away from where she stood was Gary, like he was waiting for her.
She walked down the stairs and made her way across to where he was sat. Her shadow cast in front of him and he looked over his shoulder and straight into her eyes.  
"good Morning" he said as she sat down next to him "you're late this morning"  
"Morning" Lexi said smiling at him shyly. "I know I haven't slept that well for a long time. Something must have happened last night"
Gary smiled back knowing she was talking about the kiss they shared in the kitchen.
" I wanted to ask you something" he said looking away from her "I'd really like to spend some time with you away from everyone else. I have to lay down my vocals on a song later and I wanted to know if you wanted to come with me?"
Lexi looked over to him as he raised his eyes to hers. she realized he was nervous as he asked her and she almost reached forward touched his face.
"I would love to" she said and she saw him release the breath he had been holding.
" great, well if you give me your number, I can ring and let you know what time my driver mike can swing by and pick you up. He will be bringing the others back at some point as they have mainly done their vocals. He will drop you at the studio and I can meet you outside." he passed Lexi his phone and she added her number.
from the decking next door Howard appeared and called across the sand to tell Gary they were about to head out.
Lifting her hand to her lips he placed a kiss on it and stood up
"I'll see you in a bit then" he said taking a step towards the house.  
"yes, see you soon" Lexi smiled up at him
She sat in the sand for a few more minutes then headed back inside.
As the girls awoke and made their way downstairs Lexi was busy sorting breakfast. she had made muffins and pancakes for everyone, she always baked when she was happy.
"Wow" Jackie exclaimed looking at the table "you've been busy. What's the occasion"?
Lexi couldn't hide her smile as she set some syrup on the table. "well I have something to tell you and I need everyone here before I do" she said skipping back into the kitchen.
the table full of food and her friends Lexi looked up and took a deep breath "I have something to tell you" she said as all the faces round the table turned to look at her. "last night when I came back to get the wine, Gary followed me and I may have kissed him" She turned a shade of red she never thought was possible.
The table erupted with screams and everyone trying to talk all at once.
"it doesn't end there" she said
"oh my god Lexi" Jackie said " this is wonderful"
"I saw him again this morning and he's asked me to go to the studio with him later, whist he finishes laying his vocals down" she said gaging their reactions "I just wanted to check with you all if that's okay? Were on holiday together and I don't want to just disappear" she looked at each of them in turn.
"are you mental" Leanne reached across to grab her hand " this is epic and I am totally jealous, but my god you are to stop thinking about us and think about yourself!"
"yes" phoebe agreed " just make sure you do something indecent for me" she laughed
"I don't know how much more my heart can take" Carlotta said
Laughing Liz turned to the group and said " well I kissed Mark last night too"
"and I think I might have something with Jason" Jackie laughed too
"my god you lot have been busy" Rachel said and the room erupted into laughter.
they cleared away the breakfast plates and Lexi headed upstairs to find something to wear. Luckily, she had bought several summer dresses from the mall the other day and they set about choosing what she should wear. they picked out a cotton off the shoulder stripy dress that was both cool and gorgeous. laying the dress on the bed Lexi showered and then joined the girls down stairs and waited for the call to say she would need to get ready.
a few hours later her phone rang making them all jump. she took the phone into the house and answered the call.           
"hi" she simply said not sure what else to say
"Hi" he said back, she had no idea why but she knew he was smiling, she could hear it in his voice. "Mike will be bringing the guys back at 3pm and he'll pick you up then. he will wait outside till you're ready and then bring you over. that okay with you?"
"yes, that's perfect. I'm looking forward to it" she replied realizing she was blushing again.
"Me too" he almost whispered, "I'll see you soon"
"okay bye" Lexi said ending the call and smiling to herself. She could scream with excitement as she walked back in to tell the others when she would be leaving