Chapter 19: Jeffs soft side

"Morning princess." I hear from just outside my new room. "Can I come in?" He waits until I stifle a laugh and open the door.

Jeff's wearing a black t-shirt and grey skinny jeans. My favourite. A black pair of Adidas Americano shoes are on his feet. I can see heavy bags under his eyes.

Even through three walls I could hear his screaming, he is having frequent nightmares.

"Jeff, if I'm awake just walk in." I say to him. He still stands outside my door until I practically pull him inside. I lay back down in my bed and he sits at they end.

"You have designed your room well."

"I didn't do anything, it was like this when I walked in."

"Didn't you hear what Slendy said? the rooms change according to the personality of the person who lives in it." I look around at the black walls, white sofa and blood red bed.

"That explains a lot." Jeff and I talk about random stuff, until I spot him shivering. "Get in the covers with me." I list up my arm so he can get under the duvet.

"Am I allowed?"

"Jeff, of course you are. You are the reason I'm here, aren't you?"

"That's not a good thing, Dan." He furrows his brow at me, which is absolutely adorable.

"Yes it is! I've met so many nice people, and I've made friends." he lifts his head and slips into the covers.

I put my warm hands on his and snuggle up to him, trying to heat him up. At first he is reluctant and his muscles are ridged, then he calls down and relaxes. his arm covers mine, and I can tell he needs sleep so I sing him a lullaby.

"Hush, my Jeffery.

Kill another night.

That stupid little bitch did put up a fight.

Hush, my Jeffery,

Take another's life,

Wait till tomorrow to pick up that knife."

When he finally falls asleep I pull out my phone and start watching Pewdiepie, enjoying friendly human contact after 4 weeks of being alone.

~~~

"Any nightmares?" I ask Jeff when he wakes at 10am.

"None at all, princess." he replies with a smile. "Let's find Slendy and get some breakfast."

Slendy is in his house, living with Jack (eyeless). Laughter, as I will call laughing Jack, and the Broken all live in three houses, one for Laughter, then eight in each house. I find it disgusting, he treats them as slaves!

Jeff and I grab some fruit, sit outside and make a fruit salad. Sally joins us after a while and I feel something I haven't felt in what seems like century's.

I feel normal.

Unfortunately it doesn't last for long. The realisation that I'm pronounced dead and am in a crazy place filled with crazy people overwhelms me and I start to feel dizzy and sick. I walk inside, out of the hot sun. Jeff follows after me, not saying a word.

"What's wrong, princess?" I smile when he uses my nickname. I can't believe u use to hate that nickname! it's so cute that he cares enough to think of a name for me, just for me. "You look ill, you need some sleep." he grabs my hand and takes me into my room. He lays me down and tucks me in. "Gets some sleep, try to stay out the sun. You look like your getting sun stroke." He leans in and kisses me on the forehead. I close my eyes and savour the moment.
He breaks away and looks at me for a few seconds, then turns to leave.

"Stay." I plead as I grab for his arm. He turns back around and climbs into my bed, watching over me as I rest. The last thing I see before I fall into unconsciousness is Jeff smiling down at me.

~~~Jeff's POV~~~

Leave her alone. The voice demands.
"I can't!" I yell back. It's true, I really can't. She is the one.
That's what you said last time. Huh. last time. With Marceline.
To get my mind off this, I'm going to go killing tonight.
"Dan?" I ask when she finally wakes.

"Yes?"

"I'm going to kill tonight, want to come?"
"Who else is coming?"

"Just me and you."

"So... like a date?" I can feel my cheeks reddening as she says it.

"Um... no? I mean... Maybe?" She smiles at my utter stupidity and nods.

~~~

"Slendy, Dan and I are going to go out killing."

"Who you going to kill, her virginity?" Ben giggles. I stare at him silently for a few seconds, then shake my head and grab some knives.

"Jeff, you need to be very careful. The police and the army are looking for the both of you - nothing has ever been so serious!" Slendy pleads at us.

"They have been chasing us for years. I'll grab a car and drive out the city. Then I'll kill in another town and we will make our way back. They will think we have moved on." Slendy nods slowly and goes back to watching Most Haunted.

Dan and I walk outside. I spot Jack, his eyes pleading to let him come with us.

"Jack, this is going to be just Dan and I." I spit at him. There is no way I'm going to let him ruin this, with his big muscles and good looks. I don't really trust him fully. I've seen how he looks at Dan when he thinks I'm not around.

"Nine kills to go, princess." I whisper in her ear as we step out the portal.