Chapter 13: Jail life.

James told them.

My AP's know about the house. I knew he would, the police didn't believe him until he showed the knife with Jeffs, Slendy and even my own DNA on it.

'I don't see why we can't just stay here.' I protest to slendy.

'This is a fake reality.' Slendy explains. 'If we stay for too long the whole thing collapses on top of itself. The whole thing will be a huge mess. Everything in this house is designed for just you, exept the rooms allocated to people. Jeff, what do you see?'

'Bodies. Lots, and lots of bodies.' he looks around the room and smiles, then throws a knife at a window. It smashes and Jeff smiles again. I guess he just killed a person, well, in his mind at least. 'What do you see?' Jeff questions.

'a very fancy house.' I answer.

'Well I see lots of fire and graves.' Slendy says. I think under his... face (?) he smiles.

'How long have we got until we have to leave?'

'less than 16 hours. We should make a plan.'

In the end slendy made a plan with Jack. Jeff and I went climbing in the woods with smiles, others trained and Ben played MineCraft. We climbed a few trees but mostly explored. A few times Jeff stopped and looked sad for a few moments, then started walking again.

'Jeff, why do you keep stopping?' I ask on the 8th stop.

'I'm just remembering something. Well... Someone.'

'Who?'

'A girl called Marceline.'

'Want to tell me about her?'

'She is... Kind of my girlfriend.' he throws a knife into a tree. 'It's complicated.' he sits on a log, head in hands. U sit next to him and put my arm around him.

'Jeff, I'm not surprised you have a girlfriend.' he looks up at me, eyes slightly puffy.

'She tried to kill Sally.'

'Well. I hope she burns in hell cuz imma make her burn up here.' Jeff laughs at this and hugs me back. Warmth radiates from his body and we sit for a minute, wrapped in each other's arms.

'Dan?'

'Yeah?'

'When is your birthday?'

'April 15, why?'

'I just wanted to know.' he lets go and we start to walk back.

'Jeff?'

'Yeah?' He looks right at me.

'Where did you get smiles?'

'She use to be Marcelines pet.' We walk in silence until Jeff pulls out a necklace. it's an eagle with both wings outstretched, it's brown and white. Jeff puts it round my neck and whispers:

"I give you my heart and soul, princess."

~~~

'We are going to surrender.' Slendy announces to us. Mumbles of shock and disagreement come from all the cream sofas. 'If we surrender and then surprise attack, because I can use my tentacles and you all know martial arts, they won't see it coming.'

'What if one of us can't escape?'

'Left behind: Stay behind.' Jack mutters.

'Jack!' Jeff says. 'Whoever is left behind: Jeff will find.'

'You mean killing us?' Sally cries.

'No, saving you!'

'Jeff... Are you ok?' I ask him very slowly. This is nothing like the real Jeff!