Chapter 31.

HI guys I'm so tired

Zara's POV**

I angrily marched up the into the house, a gust of cold air hitting me as I did so. I felt so angry, confused and frustrated. Even though today was my first time training, I sucked. I had no clue who this Rose girl was. I could have killed Tilly, though she provoked me, and now she was scared of me.

All three generally sucked. And all three made me want to eat nothing but beautiful Mcdoubles. 

I let my scent guide me as I came to a short hallway, and to the staircase. 

How could he not tell me about her? I mean, from what Ms Tate told me, she was pretty important to him. I felt my anger boil. I've never been this upset over something like this. I mean, I've been mad, but not usually something over a boy. Or like when I hit that girl in class . . . I shake my head, ridding myself of the thoughts.  I had to calm down.

"Woah," Someone said as I ran into them. It was Demetri. I however had no time for his games or what not.

"Sorry," I muttered, walking behind them. I groaned. Wow I suck at paying attention. At the top, I turned and headed towards the minty and piney scent. I came to a stop at the last door at the hallway, and opened it with fury.

Ryder and Bryan were inside, and each seemed angry or upset. They were both standing up, clenching their fists and jaws.  Feeling embarrassed, I tried to slowly back away and close the door, yet their heads each snapped to mine. I flushed in shame. 

I looked up to see Bryan's black orbs piercing my soul. Gulping nervously, I side stepped as he began to make his way to the door. He stopped, coming next to me before looking down. 

We held each others stare for a long time, for what seemed like minutes, before he walked out of the door.

"Everything ok?" I asked, my voice softening. Ryder's angry looked calmed down a bit after I spoke. Rubbing his eyes, he slumped into an office chair.

"Yeah," He groaned.

Forgetting my anger, I made my way over to him.

"Didn't sound ok," I said, leaning against the wall behind him.

"Then why'd you even ask?" he growled. 

I felt my wolf whimper at his harsh tone. Even I recoiled. I didn't like this side of Ryder. My heart spiked with hurt. Wanting to cry, I turned around and began to walk out of the door.

"Wait, wait," He gently called. I stopped in my steps to turn and look at him.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound so  . . ."

"Asshole-y?" I asked flatly.

"Yes," He chuckled. I stayed glued to the spot where I was. 

"Zara I'm sorry," He said once more. His black eyes softened into blue as he stared at me with desperation.  Sighing, I walked back to him and sat on his lap with my arms crossed. 

"What's going on angel?" He asked, putting an arm around me, and rubbing my bare thigh. Goosebumps formed and I stifled a cough.

"Oh, I was . . are you busy?" I asked awkwardly. He seemed distraught and I figured that me bringing up Rose wasn't going to help.

"I was but now I'm not. I just called the school. You've been out for a while so I've had Ms. Tate say you were being homeschooled. Only for a bit, then after all this, everything will go back to normal." 

My heart race picked up. Homeschooled? Wow, how long had it been? Did I really forget about school? 

"Okay," I murmured.

"What's going on? I can tell you have something on your mind," He asked gently. I sighed. Maybe it would look like I was prying? But, I really want to know more about this . . . will he be upset I'm even asking?

"Who's Rose?" I blurted out. I groaned, and smacked my forehead with my palm. Really? I couldn't have just eased him into it like a normal person? I opened one eye to see his reaction.

He sighed.

"Who told you about her?"

"Someone."

"Not good enough," He replied with a mocking grin.

"I don't want you to be upset with that person. It doesn't matter who told me, but rather who didn't," I say, with a small bit of hurt emanating from my throat. 

He blinked, looking towards the window with a distant look in his eyes. Glancing at them, I saw a bunch of emotions pooling in them. Hurt, adoration, pain, and the one that ended up hurting me the most. Yearning. 

"Rose was like my first girlfriend."

"Okay..." I muttered, waiting for him to go on.

"And that's all you need to know," He said, placing a kiss on my forehead. I gaped at him as he smiled warmly.

"What? That's it? That's all I get?" I whine.

"Why do you care? She's not around anymore. I'm here with you," He said brushing a stray hair from my face. I jerked my face from him in annoyance.

"So what would happen if I wasn't around then?" I feel my wolf growl at the thought of him with another girl. Why did I keep pushing him if I knew I wouldn't like where it'd get me?

"Then I'd keep looking for you like I've done from day 1."

"Why can't you just tell me about her?" I asked him with a groan, ignoring his heartfelt words.

"Well because for one, it's none of your business, and for two, you can have your childhood lovers, and so can I." 

Rage burned me and now I could tell why he was keeping it a secret.

I stood up, smacking his hand off me.

"Is that what this is about?! You're upset that I knew Mitch when I was a kid?!" I raised my voice, throwing my hands up in the air.

"So what if it bothers me?" He shouted back, standing up and widening his arms.

"That's stupid! I didn't even know until recently and you're still going to blame me?!" I retorted, folding my arms and scowling at him.

"It still happened Zara." His voice lowered.

"Big fuckin whoop! It's not like we're together now or anything!" I hissed.

"And me and Rose aren't together, so why are you prying?" His voice slowly raised but not to the point of shouting. Yet. He was being unreasonable!

"Why can't I know? Are you still in love with her or something!?" I growl.

"Of course not!"

"Then what?" I shout.

Silence.

"Then what?!" I raise my voice and  it echoes off the small walls. This isn't what I wanted - to fight. I just wanted him to talk to me. It felt like I always consoled in him but he never told me any of his problems.

"I do not want to talk about it!" He growled ferociously - followed by a raw snarl from deep within his throat. Marred by a second of fear, I stumbled backwards. At my cringing, his black eyes softened as he took deep breaths, trying to relax his wolf. 

"Zara-" He began gently, but I put my hands up.

"Don't. If you're not willing to tell me about this then fine. Sorry for asking, it won't happen again." I reply slowly with a certain bitterness that could bring bile to ones throat.

 His face drops although I've deeply hurt him. It makes my heart tear, but the way he reacted with me was not okay.

I turn around and step towards the closed door. I open it, walk out, close it, and leave. 

Who was in the wrong in this situation??

Comment and vote!

Leave ideas for the next chapter <3