Chapter 19.

Guess who's back?

After the jeep drove up into the luxurious driveway, Em rushed me out,

"Jesus, why are you guys all so freaked out? I mean," I began talking as we hastily made our way to the door," I get that it was a mauled rabbit, but-"

"I'm not sure what this means, but obviously someone wants to scare you. And we need to know why." Leo said, opening the door.

"Ryder!" Em called out as we entered,

"Yeah?" He called, coming out of the kitchen looking shocked. "What's going on?" He asked, eyeing us all.

"We need to talk," Leo and Theo said in sync. He nodded, his eyes scanning me for signs of danger or wounds I'd bet.

-

"Zara, has anything else happened like this?" Ryder questioned on the couch. Leo, Theo and Em all stared at me. I held my breath.

"Zara?" Theo questioned. Ryder had tried to ask me about the incident with the blood on the lockers but I refused to tell him.

"I . . well, a few weeks ago I was at school alone still getting my books to walk home. But I looked up on the wall to see a message written in either red paint or blood . . . it smelt metallic so I'd guess blood . . ." I whispered, twiddling my thumbs.

"What did it say?" Em pushed. Ryder was clenching his fists as he rested them on his knees, waiting for me to continue.

I blinked. I could never forget the words written on that wall.

"My beautiful darling, for we can soon be together. I have found you. You and your mother have tried to run and hide, but you have gotten nowhere farther. Now I know all about you and your mother, and I enjoy our next visit, signed by a question mark," I revealed.

Ryder let out a sigh.

"I'll get Brandon to do some work, maybe visit the school and try to find a scent on the walls," He added.

"Why didn't you say anything sooner?" Em asked.

"Yeah?" Theo and Leo asked, pouting.

"I don't know," I muttered.

"Not good enough," Ryder fumed. I looked up at him annoyed. Em pursed her lips.

"There's more. After the rabbit head fell from the locker, Zara was able to pick up on its scent. It was old and even I had trouble placing how old it was," Theo said, standing up.

"And you didn't tell me this either?" He asked with a deep voice. Why was he so upset? I only just found out about the rabbit smell so who pissed in his cheerios this morning?

"Why are you tripping out? I only just now discovered I could smell it." I defended myself.

"Not just the rabbit, but the fact that someone wrote that note directed towards you!" He began to raise his voice, eyes swirling into black.

"That would be our cue," Leo said flatly, getting up with the other two. I ignored them.

"You're being so unreasonable!" I hissed, standing up.

"No, you are! You're my mate, and you need to tell me these things! How could I protect you if you refuse to tell me shit like this? I mean Jesus fuck Zara!" He growled, getting up as well, lightly pacing. My frustration was growing. He was angry with me?! He was being way too possessive!

"It wasn't your business and I barely knew you-"

"Everything about you is my business! You could have told me after  you just started to know about me and what I am!" He raised his voice over mine. Oh hell no, he did not just cut me off. 

"Listen here you stupid dog!" I began, pointing my finger at him in disdain, "I didn't ask for this to happen! I didn't ask for my mom to die, or that creep to follow me around or write messages! I didn't ask to find out about fairy tale creatures or the fact that me and you are bound to me for all fucking eternity! It just happened! It was my situation - and I handled it the way I wanted to! It's my life, and I refuse to let you call the shots!" I growled out. I was so angry at everyone right now.

"Yeah? Well whether you like it or not - this is your life! I am your mate and I will tell you what to do if that is what keeps you safe! Ok I guess the next time there is something life threatening knocking on my door I just won't tell you!"

This was so stupid! Why couldn't he see my side of things?!

"Fine! Don't then! Find someone else to kiss up to your "big bad" and annoying "I can boss everyone around" self!"

"Fine! I won't! And maybe I will! I bet Em would be a great mate!"

His words stung hard. We were both pissed. 

"Fine!" I growled, nearly ripping out my hair.

"Fine!"

"Fine!"

"I already said fine!" He yelled as I began to walk towards the stairs.

"Yeah?" I called, halting.

"Yeah!" He shouted.

"Well then fuck you, how's that!?" And with those last words, I stomped up the stairs, purposely trying to annoy him. I angry walked to the closest bathroom, let myself in, and locked the door. If Ryder was going to act like a possessive jerk, then who was I to stop him? If he wanted Emily as a mate, then sure! Go for it! Because I'm so done playing the innocent and naive human girl! 

I'm not coming out of this bathroom even if it kills me. He can break the door down, but I will not move from this very fuzzy carpet!! That . . that . . that asshole!

Thoughts :D?