Chapter 2.

I recieved stares all first and second period. People murmered and whispered as if I couldn't hear them. I was going to be in big trouble if my mom found out. I wasn't supposed to attract attention. She wouldn't tell me why, of course. 

"Hey, you're that girl who talked to Mitch right?" A girl asked me from behind. I rolled my eyes and scowled. I didn't need to be making a name for myself, I just got here!

"That's me." I huffed and turned my head so most of my hair would cover my face. "I'm Talia." The girl said. She had blond hair and soft blue eyes. They had a cat-like look to them, making her super pretty.

"Zara." I replied and turned away. I'd never made a friend before. I always wondered what it might be like but mother used to shout at me about being friends with anyone. She says they could get hurt and so can I.

"That's a really cool name. You know, you're really pretty." The girl went on. I sighed annoyingly and kept to myself the rest of the class.

The bell rung and it was time for lunch. I left my seat, eager to get away from the strangely nice girl.

I walked into the hallway where there were a bunch of students walking around. People watched me walk by, making me feel like a freak. I hated attention. And this wasn't boosting that hatred into any sort of enjoyment.

I walked into the lunchroom and made my way to the lunch line where two bozos decided to cut me. I was about to yell, but decided I didn't want to cause any trouble.

"Hey angel." Someone whispered in my ear, making it tickle and send tingles through my body. I turned around and felt my legs nearly buckle. What was this guy doing to me?

"Ryder," I said, mostly to myself. He smirked, making my face heat up.

"Again, you're adorable when you blush." He said lowly. My blush only deepened, making me look like a tomato.

"Don't say stuff like that, " I snapped, "What did you do to Mitch?" I asked, trying to get this conversation away from my blushing face.

"Only what he deserved," He said, his eyes turning a strange shade of a darker brown, making me ponder on how they did that. I was going to bring it up, but I didn't need to sound like a retard in front of him.

"Oh . . . You didn't have to. I mean, I could . . I er . . I just." I stopped talking and just sighed in annoyance.

"I did have to. No one else is allowed to touch you. Ever." He said in a deeper voice than before.

"Um." I muttered. I mean what else was I supposed to say?

He neared my face. "So cute." He whispered. I was about to say something then my mothers words came to haunt me.

"Don't stand out, no matter what and make NO friends." My logical side finally kicked in. Turning my blush off with a lot of might, I turned away from him.

"Okay, see you later I guess." I tried to sound like I didn't care.

I could feel the hurt emanating off him.

"Come sit with me." He urged in my ear.

"Er . . . I'm going somewhere so I'll talk to you later." I insisted once more. If he got close to me . . . I don't even know what would happen. 

He neared me then glanced over my shoulder at the food line. 

He suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me to the very front. "Hey! Stop I'm not going to cut anyone!" I hissed through the warmth spreading from where his hand touched mine. I glanced at our hands which were entwined. A blush crept onto my face once more.