Chapter 26.

Hi guys

People that are without a parent often dream of meeting them. Or at least they wander. It doesn't matter who you've lost. You're curious. What do they look like? What are they like? Do they look like me?

Why aren't they here with me?

Those questions often fly around in my head, along with others.  But when you believe that for 19 years you're dad ran off and committed suicide, well, what else could you expect?

No one moved. Or spoke. All I could feel was the breeze brushing against my numbing skin. Only short breaths were heard.

"Do you have nothing to say to me?" The man - known as Father - said. I opened my mouth, but nothing came out. 

"I must say, you take a lot of me in you. And your mother, but . . . mostly me." His short dark hair was swayed a bit to the side of the breeze picked up. His eyes were dark, and he held an authoritative demeanor just like Ryder. Was it possible he was the one in charge of these rogues? I began to feel sick again.

 I felt my anger and confusion grow. What did he know about my mom? What was he doing here? Why did he leave us? Why is he back? While one side of me wanted to believe he wanted me - his daughter - back home with him, my logical side told me shut up and stop dreaming.

"Why?" I whispered. His eyes narrowed before he let out a sigh, looking at the ground. The man next to him smirked, and stood oddly still. 

"Oh, Zara, you and I have so much to catch up on. I must say I'm impressed with the young lady you've become," He said with amusement in his eyes. A small thumping noise came out of my throat.

"What would you know? You've been missing the years of my life," I retorted. I felt Ryder grasp my hand, but it felt numb. I couldn't focus on anything right now. I knew we had bigger things to focus on, but he was the only thing catching my attention.

"Oh I keep tabs on my family. Ryder didn't tell you?" He asked, with mock surprise. Shock edged through me as I turned to stare at Ryder, who's jaw hardened, and wouldn't look my way. My heart began to pound even harder.

"It's not true. It's not. It isn't, right? Tell me you didn't know he was alive," I asked him with confidence, but when he said nothing, my heart sank. How could he not tell me? He knew my dad was alive, and wouldn't even tell me? I began to feel my nails grow again.

Immediately, I wretched my hand from him. 

"Zara, please let me explain-"

"I don't want to here it!" I snap, focusing my attention back on my dad. I hear him chuckle. Making me angry.

"What do you want? Why are you here?" I demanded.  He grinned, and the scary doctor man next to him did the same. 

"Zara, do you remember Harvey? I suppose not, I mean,  he hasn't seen you since you were a very little girl. You call him Uncle Harvey, remember?" He asked, gesturing to the man who seemed as though he had no inkling as to what was happening. The man . . . Dad . . narrowed his eyes at me.

Suddenly a shrill tremor ran down my spine and I froze as my head began to play a movie.

Flashback**

"Uncle Harvey, Uncle Harvey! Again! Again, again again!" I screamed, waving my chubby hands in the air.

"Zara, I'm gettin too old for this madness!" He yelped, although he put me back on his shoulders and we continued to race through the house.

End of flashback**

I groaned in pain, and grasped my head, kneeling on the ground.