Chpt 3

The fight

DYLAN POV

I started wrapping up the dinner for Meinu. I smiled at my masterpiece and started sleeping.

3am

I woke up to the bed rustling. Meinu was climbing in bed. I checked my phone.

"Meinu.. why are you only home now?" She didn't reply. I moved closer to her and cuddled her.

"Meinu... are you okay?" she nodded. The strong smell of alcohol hit. I hugged her tightly. I'll ask her in the morning. She probably tired now.

——————

I woke up and Meinu wasn't in the bed. I got up and looked in the kitchen. She was sitting on the table in the dark. I looked at her worried. I back hugged her.

"What's wrong baby... your making me worried." She grabbed my arm and threw it off her. My heart sank.

"baby what's wrong?" I said sternly this time. I turned on the light frustrated and saw her eyes. Dark grey underneath and swollen. My heart stung more. She was crying.

"Meinu." I was reaching out for her hand. She moved it quickly and i sighed.

"Your not like this Meinu. What's wrong. Just tell me like you use to and we can work it out." She didn't answer.

"Meinu what did I do wrong? I'm sorry baby." I said trying to get her to look at me. Suddenly tears rushed from her eyes. I broke at that moment. I knelt down on my knees and grabbed her hand.

"baby I'm sorry. Don't cry please." she cried more. Furiously rubbing her tears away as if she didn't want to. I hugged her tightly. I could feel myself get emotional but I didn't want her to see so I shook it away.

"Meinu. What's wrong. Please tell me. Did something happen at work?' she didn't stop then she pushed me. I fell and looked at her confused. Hurt.

"I... I want a divorce." My eyes widened. Divorce?

"wait Meinu. Your not thinking. I'm sorry for whatever I did but don't leave me please. I need you. What did I do!?" I started to raise my voice. desperately. I wanted her to hear me.

"It's not you... it's me."

"BULLSHIT!" I yelled frustratedly. I grabbed her wrist.

"Meinu. what did I do? We were fine yesterday-"

"No. We weren't. I hate you." Her tears... had stopped. I froze. Shocked. The words, hate took a while to sink. She soon sprinted upstairs and locked herself in the bathroom. I ran up after and stood at the door knocking softly.

"Meinu... please baby come out. I'm sorry. What's wrong with me? I'll Change I promise! Baby... I just wanna talk." I fell to my knees.

"Baby... I'll go out and stay at someone else's for 3 days.. you just need space... but after let's talk okay??" i was hurt but more than anything I was worried.I was confused. I left soon after.

Meinu POV

I sat leaning on the bathroom door silently crying. I didn't want him to leave. I wanted to open the door and give him a hug. Tell him everything that's what I wanted. But this was best... for him.

"I'm sorry *sniffles* I'm sorry Dylan."