Chpt 7

Healing
DYLAN POV

I did research and talked to the doctor. He said she will be in immense pain if she dies naturally. So I want to convince her to choose and date to pass away peacefully. But it means her time will be shorter...

"Dylan. What're you thinking about?" She said holding my hand on the table. The pancakes in front of me were now cold.

"We... should go talk to the doctor today." She froze then shook her head.

"I don't want to..." I looked up at her. I know she was avoiding this talk.

"Don't be scared. I'm here." I held her hand tightly and she looked up at me and smiled.

"Okay..." we continued to eat. Clean. Then leave.

TIMESKIP

We arrived to the doctors and I had sat down closest to the door. The doctor smiled as we sat down and Meinu was scared.

"How are you feeling Meinu?" She smiled and nodded.

"Good." He nodded.

"Let's get to it then. So I've sent you the symptoms and I've messaged Dylan of what we can do.

"So first we can give you painkilllers that will help with the pain in stage 3. Then we can either choose when you want to die before stage 4 or die naturally at stage 6. One is painful and the other isn't. On the other hand one is longer life time. We need to know today so we can get things in order before hand."

"Umm..." she stared at me and I looked at the doctor.

"Can we have a sec?" I asked. The doctor nodded.

"I'll go refill by things. I'll take about 5 minutes." I nodded and he left. It was silent. She reached out and grabbed my hand. She was shaking. I pulled her in and hugged her. My heart ached immensely. She was in so much pain.

"We... have to make a decision." I said. She nodded and looked at me with tears flowing. I wiped them.

"What do you think?" She asked. I sighed.

"I... this decision should be yours." She nodded.

"Well... even if I loose my hearing. Then my sight. And I'm in pain if I could get even one second more with you I'd want that." My stomach turned. I was preparing myself for the pain she would be in. The pain id be in.

"Are you sure? I don't want you to regret this decision later." She smiled and stroked my cheeks.

"I don't think I'd ever regret... being with you." She said. I broke. I tried not to but tears fell out. I squeezed her and she squeezed me tightly as if that was our last hug.

TIMESKIP

"Do I look like I was crying?" She asked. I nodded and chuckled. She giggled too.

"You look like you cried too." We laughed and I still held her shaking hand as the doctor walked in.

"So... the decision?" She looked at me as our eyes locked once again. She looked back at the door.

"I choose the natural way." He smiled.

"I thought you would." He picked up a bag and passed it to me. I opened it confused.

"It's got some medical equipment for her at home as well as medicine with instructions for each phase. There is also a diary from a couple whom did the same thing as you and how they coped." I looked at the doctor and smiled.

"Thank you sir..." He smiled and stood up. We did too and he cane round and shook my hand and hugged Meinu.

"I'll check up on you in 1 month. Take care of yourselves guys." I nodded and we left. Hand in hand.

MEINU POV

As Dylan was sleeping I snuck downstairs and looked at the bag. I grabbed out the first item. It was medication with a note.

"Phase 1: for getting things. This is an injection or a pill to calm down your partner. When they forget things they get frustrated and lash out. Put this in there food or inject them fast." My eyes widened. That's intense. I then picked up the second item. A necklace.

"Phase 2: fainting a lot. This is a necklace that warns your phone when she faints and has a tracker on it to help you find her fast. It'll also alert the hospital." I nodded. This technology is so advanced. The next item. Was hearing loss.

"Phase 3: this is used to silence the high pitched noise your partner can here through the Phase. You can tell she can here it when her ears twitch. It hurts a lot so this should ease the pain." I nodded and then went to the last one.

"Phase 4: ...this is an emergency only device. When your partner can't see or hear... so it's just nothingness. It's kills them naturally so they're not scared. If you don't use this... they will die through struggling to breath because they feel trapped. And you can't comfort them because they don't know if it's you or not."

[note. This disease is not a real one.]

I looked at that one note scared and at the killer liquid. I froze and saw one more thing in the bag. I grabbed it.

"Lisa and Heechul." I read. I opened it up. It was the diary of the old couple. I started reading.