twenty two

Harry.

The next morning, I was sure to he up by six am. I opened my eyes and small arms that were once not-so-bony were wrapped around my torso. I knew it was Jessamine and her head is on my chest as well. I rise up at once and carefully slide Jessa off of me being especially careful to not wake her of course.

After slightly pulling the blue duvet over Jessa's body, I walk out of the bedroom and into the next room which is the bathroom. Quickly, I brush my teeth and try to have a nice breakfast. I mustn't be tardy for work today, I've been late before and I'm not looking for an opportunity to lose my job.

My train for Connecticut leaves at six am tomorrow. John and his son are both headed to the same state, coincidentally. I hope Jess will be all right, because I'm worried about her and I believe that she is worried about me too.

I leave Jess a small note saying that she should stay at home this time and to never let anyone in my house. I get into my black polished car and drive myself to work. When I arrive, John greets me, "Goodmorning, Harry."

I nodded to him in acknowledgement. It's time to begin my long twelve hour shift and receive my small pay by tomorrow morning. I've been thinking about quitting, since this is getting ridiculous at this point.

-

Seven o clock comes rather quick. I talked to my boss and asked him if I could have a smaller shift. So now I work from seven to four. James said that Jessa is over his house with Shirley and their son. I decided to go pay them a visit.

I followed John car until we got to his house. "Harry, what time does the train leave the station tomorrow?"

I get out of my car and close the door, "I think it was six."

"Me too," John shrugged and unlocked the house door.

We stepped inside in time, it had just began to rain. I took off my jacket and handed it to John who hung it up. I could hear John go upstairs and Robert, playing with his toy cars. It smelled like cookies towards the kitchen and I heard Jessa's and Shirley's voice.

"Do you think that you know.. it meant anything?" Jessa asked.

"To be honest? No. It's just you being too worried. It happens to me all the time," she answered.

"And Harry doesn't even care," Jessa scoffed.

"But you haven't told him, maybe you should."

"No.. then I'd be considered crazy," Jessa sighed.

I heard a chair moving, "Then what Doris? You can't keep everything from Harry, he might help you dear."

I walked into the kitchen, "Good evening Shirley and Doris."

Shirley takes a batch of cookies from the oven and places them on the counter so they can cool off.

"Have you been eavesdropping?" Shirley asks.

I shook my head and leaned on the door frame,"No, I was simply looking at the pictures."

Shirley bought and I don't think Jessa was paying any attention, she seems to be trapped in a daze. Robert ran into the kitchen, "Hi Harry! Mother, can I please have a cookie?"

"No, the reason for that is because we have not ate supper," Shirley said and had begun to set the table. Robert pouted but left the kitchen.

Jess stood up at once. Her posture was exhausted. Now that I have fully noticed and paid attention, she looks paler and she has lost a noticeable amount of weight. She pushed her chair in, "Maybe we should go."