fifteen

After some time I finally got Harry to calm down but I think that he was just doing it for my sake. He still shot William dirty looks here and there. I hope Harry doesn't plan on hurting his best friend.

"Why would you do this to me Jessa?" Harry sighed.

"Look, I was supposed to be going to the movie with James. Not you so don't complain," I turn to him as we hand the lady our ticket.

"Yeah, I knew I should've stayed at home."

"You know what? You're being very inconsiderate right now. You always blame me and only worry about your own feelings!" I said and we walked into the cinema to find our gate.

"As if you have feelings," he snorted and filled a cup with Coke.

"Shut the hell up because between you and I, I think I've cried the most. It's not like you ever shed a tear," I snapped.

"I have! When Mary left me!"

"Don't get so caught up in her! She's a whore, she was going to leave you anyway," I added and filled my cup as well.

"How do you know? Exactly, you don't. You don't run my life at all," Harry turns to me.

"I think I do."

He looked at me with disgust, "Since when?"

"Since the day I arrived in this fucked up year, Harry," I slammed the straw in my cup.

"No, you don't."

"Harry, you're not supposed to be here right now. Not with me. You're supposed to be here getting your refreshments with Mary before you watch the movie together. And I guess William would be staying home. But you see how I did one thing and changed it all?"

Harry remained silent.

"My existence. If it wasn't for me messing it up, then you wouldn't be standing here, you wouldn't know a Jessamine. You wouldn't want to hurt William. However, fate is fate and things could have turned the same way anyway," I said.

He took a deep breath, "What are you trying to say?"

"I don't even know what I'm doing in your life. I made it clear to stay at the orphanage and never bother you or anyone again. And when I find I better job to keep me stable, I would move to my own home and live there until- I don't know, 1985- and then die alone so I wouldn't mess up anyone's fate or whatever. But yeah, I'm the heartless one," I say and walk away into the movie.

I take a seat in the middle near the back. The movie hasn't started yet so the huge spotlights are still on and people are talking loudly and taking pictures with those cameras and blinding flashes. It still amazes me. 1932. Impossible.

"Hey dear, you okay?" A man in a black suit says.

I nod and wave him off, "Oh yeah, I'm fine. Allergies."

I haven't even noticed the tears that pricked at my eyes. I get so angry that it makes me cry sometimes. He smiled politely before walking off. I set my pop down and folded my arms. It seems like I'm the only one sitting.

I'm so bored and I'm so sure that this movie will be boring as well. Why haven't these humans thought of cell phones or Internet yet? If I were to suggest on an invention like that, it would probably look nothing like the actual cell phone and by 2014, we definitely would've evolved.

One of the many reasons that I need to keep my mouth shut about uninvented stuff. I looked up and saw Harry walk past me and take a seat on my left side.

He stayed silent and fiddled around with his fingers. The lights dimmed a bit and the people with the cameras were ushered out and everyone rushed to their seats. I'm glad I dressed the way I did tonight, seems like everyone is in the same attire. It's considered casual for them even if it is on the dressy side.