seven

I open my eyes to complete darkness. I try to be able to see something, anything at all, but still fail. I try to look at the ticking clock but it's to dark to read it. I sit up but something is on top of me.

I touch it and run my fingers on it and my hand meets with a larger one, the familiar shock springing through my veins. Harry. I sigh and take his arm off my waist. When the hell did that happen?

I pull open the curtain to have some moonlight. I look at the clock which says two am. I hear my name being called. "Jessamine? Jess?"

Oh my God I'm hearing things? I decide to scream but hold against it. Harry shifts while groaning next to me. I look at the nightstand on Harry's stand. A lamp and the remote says there. And that's where I heard my name from.

"Jessamine!" I stumble out of the bed and walk to the nightstand and pick up the remote and the speaker shouts, "Jess!"

It's Casey's voice! How does this thing work? I hold down the green button then release. I hold it again and this time speak, "Casey!"

"Jess! Thank god! I thought you were dead!" Casey says.

I hear a chorus of my name and cheers. "Help me get out of here!"

"Okay! Where are you?" Sunny takes over.

"I'm in fucking 1932. What happened to 2002?" I asked them.

"I'm sorry! We tried, I don't know why it went back there! But exactly where are you?" Sunny asks.

"Manhattan. I'm staying with this guy. His name is Harry," I say.

"What if he's a rapist?!" I could hear my mother's scolding.

I glance at Harry who looks so peaceful. "Nah."

"Is it close to your house?" Sunny questions.

"Yes, but that's not what you need to know. You need to help me leave!" I panic.

"Okay, shut up. Deep breaths." Casey says.

Sunny speaks. "We don't know how! We're trying! We've been trying to catch you!" The speaker gets staticky.

"How old is this Harry?" Sunny questions.

"Uhm..I don't know. Not much older than me," I tell her.

"Okay so next--" The line goes staticky once more and then completely ends Damn it.

I'm sort of happy that I now have a spark of hope, but at the same time I'm upset that the line went dead.

I turn to Harry and shake him vigorously, "Harry! Wake up!"

"What?! Leave me alone Mary!" He yells with his eyes closed still. Then he went back to sleep.

I find his hand and hold it tightly. His eyes sprang open and widened with his frightened expression and furrowed eyebrows. His face grows back to normal as he retracts his hand, "What?"

I held the remote up. "I talked to Casey! And Sunny! I finally did!"

"How? What is that?" Harry asks.

"Hmm, just say a.. mini weird telephone," I nod. "But you can't talk to anyone else."

"Okay. Are you going back?"

"No, it kind of cut off. But still! I can't believe I talked to my friends!" I bounce excitedly and Harry sits up.

"You sound so much cheerful when you're happy. And it's too early to be excited," Harry groaned and lied back down.

I closed the shade and tried to get back in the bed but fell down. "Ouch!"

Harry starts laughing while I groan on the floor in pain.