three

I feel movements in my body. Well, I can think now so that's a plus. My body is no longer numb and I can move my body around. I just can't seem to open my eyes or feel my surroundings. It's kind of warm though. I strain to at least open one eyes. With a lot of strength used, I opened my eyes.

I looked around and furrowed my eyebrows. Where am I? Am I dreaming? All that's near me is trees and a road. I stand up quickly. How the hell did I wake up on the dirty ground? Not even a bus stop. I search for my cell phone, which isn't on me. Instead of a phone, I pull out some remote. Damn.

This isn't a dream, I think. The Mindology worked! So obviously it's 2002. I'm not exactly sure where to start walking. It's nearing night. I start to walk in any direction, following the road. I keep my head down and continue to walk.

I hear an engine behind me. I turn around and see a black car heading my way. I spin back around and continue to walk. Soon the car stops right next to me and now that I have a good look at it, it seems rather vintage. I wonder how the guy is even driving one of these cars.

It looks like a Ford Model T. The guy greets me in a beige colored hat. "Good day Miss, would you like a ride?"

I stopped for a second. Could I trust him? Well, it sounds like a dream now so I guess. "Sure. Could you please take me to the nearest gas station around?"

"Yes, it's not that far," he replied. I gave in and opened the car door and sat inside the weird looking car.

"My name is Robert," Robert smiled as he pulled off.

"Hello Robert, I'm Jessamine," I returned his smile.

"Jessamine? That's kind of odd," Robert said with a light chuckle. Well it isn't the most common name.

"I know," I said to him.

Robert was looking weird actually, with his choice of fashion and all.

Robert opened his mouth. "I was on my way to the new building. It's the tallest in New York and just opened last year in May!"

"Really? That's cool.. what's the building name?" I asked curiously. There can't be on taller than the Em--

"It's the Empire State Building! You've seriously haven't heard last year? It was all over the papers," Robert said.

I furrowed my brows. But ... the Empire was built ages ago! Around 1931.. Now I absolutely know for a fact that this is all a dream.

"Oh, I've been there before.." I drifted off. I was going to add 'as a child' because it's only true. But I guess Robert thinks it was just built.

In short time we arrive at a small gas station. An old man sits in a wooden chair outside the station as he reads the paper. It's only two pumps and they look just as old as Robert's car. With a whole different design and style.

"Thank you Robert," I smile to him while stepping out of the car. He nods and I close the door while he drives away. Well, that was weird. The old man approaches me. "Good evening, Miss."

"Hi, I'm Jessamine," I smile at him.

"That's an odd name.." he says as he observes my clothing and I do the same to him.

"What brings you here? You don't own a car," he tells me.

"Well, I have no where to go, sir," I frown.

"I'm Charles by the way, don't you have a husband?" he asks me.

I shook my head. "No, but please don't make me leave."

"There's no other choice, I don't want a poor beggar on my gas station," Charles scowls at me.

"But Charles, I'm not poor," I say.