five

I pulled my hand out of Harry's hand and we waited as Shirley and John joined us.

John walked up to Harry, "Good morning, sir. Shirley has been telling me about you and your fiancé here."

I folded my arms and Shirley said something. "Have you gotten your ring back?"

I shook my head and Harry looks confused and he's probably wondering why he even agreed to helping me out.

"You're that girl who caused trouble yesterday. Well, it was me too. I apologize," John nods.

"Forgiven," I mumbled.

"Lets get going. See you at the church house," John says before grabbing Shirley's hand and getting back into their car.

"What ring?" Harry walked to his side of the Ford.

"She wanted to see the 'engagement ring' but I just told her that it's getting renewed."

I get into the car and Harry doesn't say anything else. He drives at an average speed, he's a very good driver. I stare at him and how green his eyes are. Like they've been simply dipped in such a rich and everlasting shade of sparkling green.

Harry shifts his gaze to me. "What?"

"Sorry. Just thought I saw something on your face," I stammered as a smirk crept on his lips. He knew as well as I did that there's nothing on his face.

I look away quickly before I could blush. He's quite amused. I've noticed a couple of women stare him down yesterday. I lean my head against the window as drops of rain fall from the sky. I miss home already, I don't know how much longer I can take of this.

After church, which mostly contained women and screaming children, Harry and I went back to his house. When we got inside, I went to my bedroom, closed the door and lied on my bed, trying to fight my sadness. I'm more disappointed in myself than anything else at the moment.

Hours later after, about three, I stared at the ceiling, painted in the nice color of white and just sat. A soft rap came at my door. "Jessa?"

"What?" I said back.

"May I come in?" Harry asked me.

"Yeah." Harry opened the door and stepped inside slowly, before shutting it quietly behind him.

"What's the matter?" Harry asked me and sat on the bed next to me.

"I miss home. I don't wanna be stuck here," I said to Harry and sat up.

"What was your purpose of coming to the past?" Harry furrowed his eyebrows.

I cleared my throat. "It was to go back to 2002."

"Oh. But you'll get back, right? Isn't there a way to get back?" Harry questions.

I quickly sit up and take my purse, digging through it until I finally get the remote out. "I was told to push a button, but I forgot which one.."

"Press them all," Harry shrugged.

"Are you insane? I don't know what these buttons could do!" I scold him and he sighs.

I play with the object in my hands, inspecting each side, corner, and angle. I close my eyes again to try and remember. I think it was the green button. I fluttered my eyes back open and looked for the green one.

It was the second button on the left from the top. It wasn't big, it was actually small. And there was no form of caption to identify what the use of the button is. I look at Harry and he shifts his gaze from the button to my eyes. It's like he's mentally telling me to push it.